Ludia Forums

Creature Changes that will weaken the swapper meta Pt 2

In the first part of this post series’ ( which i will leave the link here at the end if someone’s interested to see the previous post ), i proposed a new On Escape move and gave new users for existing On Escape moves.

So, in this part i will finish that, and i will also tweak and nerf some swap prevention resistances on creatures that shouldn´t have that or creatures in which doesn´t make sense to have that, aight, let´s start.

• On Escape Invincibility

Target Self: Shield By 100.0% for 1 turn(s), 2 attack(s). When the opponent tries to swap out.

Creatures getting it: Andrewtherium, Andrewtodon, Brachiosaurus, Giraffatitan, Ardentismaxima, Nodopatotitan, Skoolasaurus, Ankylodicurus, Scutophicyon, Trykosaurus ( not sure about this one ) and Smilonemys.

Now, and given this move to some creatures, i will proceed to tweaking the Swap Prevention resistance:

•Creatures that see this resistance sightly nerfed:

Nothing to see here

•Creatures that see this resistance heavily nerfed:

• Ardontosaurus: 75% → 25%
  • Skoonasaurus: 67% → 34%
  • Majundaboa: 75% → 25%
  • Titanoboa: 75% → 25%
  • Titanoboa GEN2: 100% → 50%
  • Thoradolosaur: 100% → 50%
  • Albertosaurus: 100% → 50%
  • Allosaurus GEN2: 100% → 50%

•Creatures that loose this resistance/inmunity:

• Tuoramoloch
  • Brachiosaurus
  • Giraffatitan
  • Nodopatotitan
  • Testacornibus
  • Geminititan
  • Eucladoceros
  • Megaloceros
  • Edmontoguanodon
  • Mammolania
  • Ardentismaxima

As you can see, the creatures that lost this resistance are all pure resilients, which shouldn´t have it, as swap prevention itself is a fierce debuff, pure resilients shouldn’t resist that, mostly because it´s a way that fierces have to counter them, there are no sight nerfs here, however, if y’all would like it, i could also do another posts series’ about tweaks and buffs in resistances, and if i do, consider the nerfs in this resistance done :wink:, thanks for reading and i´m open to recieve any kind of constructive feedback! :+1:

The first part: Creature Changes that will weaken the swapper meta Pt 1

(To be honest, this post has been shorter than how i thought it would be ._.)

7 Likes

Ngl i think this is a good idea considering the power the current swapper has

6 Likes

Swapper meta that is

2 Likes

Based, anti-meta pilled

1 Like

Nice, just 2 small details. I feel as if ardentismaxima should be on the list that would lose the swap prevention resistance partially. The other thing is that i feel smilonemys should get another on escape ability instead of that, on escape prowl would fit It much more imo. And It makes sense since cats pursue things that run away from them :laughing:

2 Likes

makes sense, but since ardmax isn´t a pure resilient i didn´t wanted to nerf it again, and even more now that is the worst unique sauropod since skoona risen, i will think about the snemys thing, thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

I agree that maxima needs a small buff rn, but in principle maxima shouldn’t have that resistance in the first place imo and that would come with the necessary reworks and buffs to make It more relevant but also alligned with the role It should have as a resilient fierce. That resistance just makes It stronger in the wrong direction. I could have suggested the buff along with It, but i feel that would have been too far from the discussion in this thread so i left It at that :laughing:
Glad you liked the nemys suggestion!

1 Like

i feel swappers like testa (ik people think its broken) shouldnt have restrictions to swap, because swapping defines the swappers, the best approach imo is to balance out the positive effects with more countereffects from the opponents, which would be more on-escape buffs, so swapping isnt just a one-sided win in most cases. I do agree that towers dinos like skoona, gem, ardent, mammo, etc should have the less swap res and then grypo should work to its capabilites on them; perhaps like 25-50 percent dependent on the dino

1 Like

aight, let me fix it, thanks for the feedback! :+1:

2 Likes

Pure resilients swappers or not, shouldn´t be swap prevention resistant, as swap prevention itself it´s a fierce debuff in moves like no escape or binding impact, allowing pure resilients like testa to swap in whenever they want would break one of the ways the fierces have to counter them, is just breaking the class system, it´s literally the same as bajatonodon having DoT resistance, since bleed is fierce and btonodon pure resilient, it should get fully countered by that, no exceptions.

Only cunning dinos should get swap prevention resistance, because that´s one of the ways they have to counter fierces, however, if we give that to resilients, that´s just allowing them to counter their counters, and that´s just dumb.

But if anything, at much i would give a 25% on that resistance, and i would be wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too generous.

thanks for the feedback! :+1:

3 Likes