Ludia Forums

Creatures that should be added!(concepts)

It’s just like any other thread. My ideas of creatures that should be added. I’d like to have your thoughts on them as well, so please poll. If you have suggestions please post them down below.

Yutyrannus
Yes! The famous Yuty from JWTG is finally making an appearance in JWA! I based my version a lot off of the version of yutyrannus in “Ark Survival Evolved”, if you don’t know, in that game the yuty can essentially roar to provide buffs to your teammates or to provide nerfs to enemies.

As you can see, this yuty is not the normal chomper that you will find, he is part cunning and part fierce which come together to give him his stats and resisitances. These two new moves can instantly buff your team or nerf the opposition. These moves might seem OP, as they are priority and deal damage but they aren’t, together these moves can’t even kill a 3k health cunning unless you crit.

What do you think about this dino?
  • Broken
  • Needs a nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a buff
  • Monomimus
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

0 voters

Megalania
I’ve wanted these big lizards to be in the game since for-e-ver. In my version they are cunning fierce. They can bleed out and distract their opponents, this megalania also becomes the only non hybrid fierce(hey, it’s part fierce) epic to win against diplodocus!

Wounding strike allows mega to deal damage in two ways, DoT, and raw stats. It can also distract fierce creatures to finish them off easily with its rampage. But it falls flat against cunnings. It gets two shot by most with a rampage and a strike. How does it beat diplodocus you ask? WS -> VI -> DSR. No matter what diplo does, it can’t win

What do you think of this creature?
  • Broken
  • Needs a nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a buff
  • Monomimus
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

0 voters

Torvosaurus
This dinosaur was a close relative to the megalosaurus and lived approximately 150 million years ago. For my in game concept, I made him a generic theropod with some changes

Minor ferocity is a new move that can be used very well in raids and allows torvo to increase his damage output significantly without breaking him.

What do you think of this creature?
  • Broken
  • Needs a nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a buff
  • Monomimus
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

0 voters

Which one was your favorite?
  • Yutyrannus
  • Megalanaia
  • Torvosaurus

0 voters

6 Likes

These concepts are really cool :smile:

1 Like

I get the feeling you and I have both played ARK before.

1 Like

Count me in Ark as well. Now let’s get to the dinos.

Yuty: While you say it can’t kill cunning with 3k health, it can if you use Courageous then Intimidating, it does 3580 without a crit, and having a 30% crit Chance, it’s possible. I like the speed increase, however due to that it would make more sense to have it cleanse deceleration and gain a different immunity, Stun maybe? Overall a bit much, but maybe just a bit less damage, 1300 or 1200? Also, what’s with the different multipliers for the roars?

Megalania: It’s not a wild card. There are not resilient traits in it except for a couple of the resistances, and even then it’s debatable. Currently a cunning Fierce, I like that it beats Diplo, but you can just do VI and DSR so that you take less damage, and if need be finish it with WS. Also with a 40% crit Chance, it’s a bit much. I’d be fine with 20 at most. The resistances are fine though.

Torvosaurus: It’s health is a bit low, but that’s fine. However, Minor Ferocity is just a worse RTC, and not by much. If it was buff damage by 25% and Crit Chance for 20% over 2 turns, and have a cooldown of one, it actually could be an interesting alternative where it buffs less but it buffs more often.

Just my thoughts. I love the concepts though.

1 Like

Uh I may have made a couple of mistakes here and there. For example I just forgot to change megalania lol. And the rest of your suggestions are great, I’ll make the changes, but I have a idea for minor ferocity that I’ll make…

1 Like

Megalania rework

It gets faster but loses bulk, crit, and damage. For this change it’s resistances are beefed up a little(25% for each). This change still allows it to beat diplodocus but balances it better

What do you think of it now?

• Needs a nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a buff

0 voters

1 Like

The damage was fine. However, it already had low bulk, but 100 isn’t too much to shave off. Just a bit more damage, maybe 1300, and that should allow it to be a speedy revenge killer or sauropod muncher

1 Like

I’m confused as to why people wanted it then nerfed lol. Even in this state it still manages to beat all epic fierce creatures lol(maybe even resilient, I’m not too sure). And in turn cunnings body it hard. It only gets one hit off and then dies

1 Like

I just wanted a bit of the crit gone myself and a reclassification

1 Like

Yuty rework

Now he can’t kill 3k hp cunnings

What do you think of yuty now?
  • Needs a nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a buff

0 voters

Now this will be interesting

What do you think of torvo?
  • Needs a buff
  • Balanced
  • Needs a nerf
  • BROKEN

0 voters

AR may seem broken, but keep in mind that it does not cleanse nor does it last for more than 1 attack. It also deals 1500 damage to itself(it damages itself before becoming ferocious). This means that anything that can deal 2050 damage in 1 turn will easily kill torvo

1 Like

I don’t think it should deal damage, but instead distract, as adrenaline usually causes you to not be able to focus (distraction). You can have it distract by 75% after your next attack.

1 Like

But adrenaline is released when in danger or when excited. Being damage is being in danger to me lol

1 Like

The thing is that adrenaline doesn’t directly damage you. Maybe DoT then, like .1 for 2 turns?

1 Like

Ok the original megalania is way too dtrong and i unintentionaly voted that its balanced, then the other megalaina is fine but i again voted it needs a nerf but its fine. The yuty is pretty cool. I didn’t realy check the torvo

2 Likes

For Megalania, I’d definitely shift the focus into purely a bleeder/weakener. In real life, monitor lizards lack the strong jaw strength that other large reptiles (like crocodilians and turtles) have. So instead, they rely on speed, stamina, persistence, and nasty bleeding. They have an anticoagulant venom that causes bleeding to worsen and prevent clotting. They are also surprisingly tough. I’ve watched some get trampled and headbutted by buffalo and got right back up like it was nothing. I do like that you added the full immunity to stuns and slows, as this plays along with this resilience. With those in mind, I’d love to see these on Megalania if it were added. Here’s what I would suggest for Megalania’s stats and abilities:

Megalania
Health: 3550
Damage: 900
Armor: 15%
Crit. Chance: 15%
Speed: 118

Moves:
Minimal Wounding Strike
Exploit Wound
Venomous Impact (the move you had added)
Wounding Counter (like Spinoconstrictor)
No Escape

Resistances:
Deceleration: 100%
Stuns: 100%
DoT: 75%
Vulnerability: 50%

What you have is a somewhat-fast bleeder with decent health and distraction abilities but low damage. Ideal for dropping other tanks that can’t drop it first, like Nodopatosaurus, Stegoceratops, Brachiosaurus, and even some legendaries. While it may seem like a nightmare to fight, cunning creatures that can remove or resist bleed damage will be your ideal counters. While it could tussle with chompers like Tyrannosaurus and Gorgosuchus, it’s going to take some serious damage first. Shields will also cause issues, as it can’t punch through those.

What the moves represent:

Minimal Wounding Strike: A short bite that many varanids will throw out for various reasons

Exploit Wound: Picture this as Megalania gripping onto the target’s leg. The venom, which will cause the blood to continue spilling, is inflicted here, and the blood loss makes the target weak (hence the vulnerability debuff)

Venomous Impact: A more violent bite aimed at a more sensitive area like the throat. A startling rush of speed and the infliction of some venom locks the target in place and drops their attack stat

Wounding Counter: Picture it as a nip in self defense. Even a nip from a monitor lizard can cause some notable bleeding

No Escape: Picture it more like Megalania can constantly chase you down instead of holding you in place.

Personally I’d love to see Megalania come into the game, and I’m glad you actually made this to suggest it!

2 Likes

I completely forgot about no escape lol. But with wounding counter, it could literally 2 shot anything(WS + WC)

Not anything. Immunity+Cunning removes bleed.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s another reason why I made its damage so low. I didn’t want it to completely power through its counters, but it can still leave a nasty mark

2 Likes

And it works. The rework is awesome, and I love both versions. I’d be happy if either came into the game.

2 Likes