Crushing Megalotops: How to?

I really didn’t want to make this thread, but I’m at a complete loss as to how to deal with Megalotops in PVP. I stopped playing PVP for a long time because I got sick of losing due to bad RNG (you know, your fierce creatures don’t get crits while your opponent’s cunnings do, you get hit through dodge almost every time, and always get stunned), not to mention how obnoxious the swap-in meta is, and now that I finally decided to get back into it with some really juiced up creatures (at least for my arena), I’m discovering the breathing tumor that is Megalotops seems to be specifically designed to ruin my day.

My level 20 legendaries keep losing to level ~15 Megalotops and I haven’t been able to figure out how to beat them. I know it’s not as broken as the insane unique monsters like Phoru or Skoona, but it’s crazy good for an epic and is extremely obnoxious to fight. Camouflage is a ridiculous move that completely shuts down most pure fierce creatures, so they’re out. Camo coupled with its armor also beats most pure cunning creatures, along with precise attacks to go through dodge, so they’re out. For some reason it has an armor piercing counter, and is difficult to slow down due to camo’s speed boost and the 75% immunity to speed decrease, which makes fighting it with resilients hard.

I know there have to be creatures that can beat this annoying hybrid into the dirt, I just have no idea what they are. I’m not asking for this thing to be nerfed (though I’d love it if that happened), I just want to know what beats this thing?

I think brontolasmus does good

4 Likes

Tanks should be your solution really

1 Like

Ankylodicurus also does great

So does Majundaboa

3 Likes

outsmart them with another Mtops or simply B-Moloch…

2 Likes

What legendaries do you have?

1 Like

I usually try Ankyntrosaurus, which is usually able to knock Megalotops out, but it always takes heavy damage or the Megalotops swaps and whatever comes in finishes off my Ankyntrosaurus.

What is B-Moloch short for?

A good number of them, but Indominus, Ankyntrosaurus, Dodocevia, Allosinosaurus, Mammotherium, Phorusaura and Monolometrodon are the only ones I’ve actually leveled up at all.

2 Likes

My ankylomoloch destroys any Megalotops

1 Like

Ankyntrosaurus and mammotherium should work well

1 Like

Ankylomoloch/Bumpy-Moloch

1 Like

I know you probably won’t be able to do this but you could wound it. It just sucks that hardly any wounding creatures have other skills

1 Like

Bleed creatures do well. I used Hydra Boa on today’s epic strike tower against it. Spinoconstrictor would do well also.

2 Likes

Won yesterdays strike, just use Anky-Moloch, Perfect counter, Coelhaast works as well,

1 Like

Yeah I use ankylomoloch and dio to counter

1 Like

Campaign has a level 20 Megalotops. I used Argenteryx, Majundaboa, and a Megalotops and won.

2 Likes

@koola888 really you used argenteryx
Megalotops is actually over off the best counters for argenteryx
My bumpymoloch kills Megalotops 2-3 levels higher than it as Megalotops is weak to stun and can’t get past all those shields

2 Likes

Well all I have are epic hybrids.

1 Like

Onio does well. Kills it in two hits.

1 Like

Then try brontolasmus, ankylodicurus, and majundaboa

1 Like

I don’t have Brontolasmus or Ankylodicurus.

1 Like