Unfortunately, even though I know better, I continue to level my heroes whenever the opportunity arises. This has been a mistake as the app adjusts your opponents (PvP bots and challenges monsters) accordingly. They become aggressively more difficult as your hero levels increase.
My average PvP hero level in my PvP roster is currently around level 15. However, since levelling a few heroes to level 16, I exclusively encounter level 18 and 20 bots (while others in my league face level 13 bots), and many of the challenge rooms have become incredibly difficult.
For example, I will use my current situation with the Heartcoil Deeps Challenge. For the past month or two my hero levels were in a sweet spot. I could finish this challenge unscathed. I always finished the challenge with no consideration for losing one of my heroes.
Since increasing a few heroes over the past week or so, I often cannot get all 3 dice. Attached is a photo of what I just faced in Room 8. I have encountered this configuration somewhere between 30 and 50 times. A few things to note:
- I’ve tried using lower level items to no avail.
- These foes do not fire randomly. They all shoot for the same hero until he/she is killed. 1st the Wizard, 2nd the Sorcerer, etc.
- On each attempt a number of these foes get initiative. This photo shows a rare case where my Wizard and Warlock both survive the initial onslaught
- The combined level of my heroes = 63, while my opponent = 123 (almost double my total)
- This difference is compounded because each monster heals nearly 100% at the start of its turn.
- I almost always lose at least one hero in the first round, usually 2.
- My success rate in this room is perhaps 20%, usually having only 1 or 2 heroes remaining.
- I often give up and only take 2 dice as opposed to 3 due to the difficulty and time required to complete this room.
- This is only Heartcoil Deeps. I now have no chance at all in Lightfinger Estate.
These factors combine to make it extremely difficult and time consuming to get all three dice in this lowly Challenge, I would have been better off to leave my heroes at level 15, or as @retsamerol suggests, it is best to leave them at level 10. Due to increasing my hero levels, I now often receive less dice than I did when my heroes were weaker and I can no longer compete in all of the Challenges.
Perhaps players with lower level heroes could post a few photos of what they face in room 8 to better exemplify this concern.
Unfortunately for the developer, this glitch directly dissuades players from spending money to improve their heroes. Ludia has been aware of the glitch, the Brand has spoke up about it, but Ludia remains defiantly unwilling to correct it.
I cannot more strongly recommend: Do not level your Heroes Above Level 10. Just Don’t Do It.
[I just noticed I get this anomaly in Room 7 also]