Ludia Forums

Data Sampling Megathread - How long epic and other spawns last?

Greetings, fellow DPG members!

I’d like to kick off a community project with your help, forumers, with later potentially even collaborating with other JWAlive community sites!

So, I am fairly certain that you all have been in the shoe of the terrible feeling when a highly desired epic rare or even common despawns right before your eyes!

As of now, not having despawn timers on dinosaurs, we can’t entirely prevent that from ever happening. BUT! If we, as a group can collect enough data together, we may could determine the “longevity” of fresh spawns.

Such knowledge could be invaluable, especially for players like who usually go around by foot or bus! Think about it; knowing how long a spawn will last in average could help you decide if you can most likely make to a spawn or not. After all, time is money and who doesn’t like to save money?

As a Stage 1 of the project, there are two points that would really help cracking up the code for this one!

First, determining for fresh, map-visible spawns of any rarity, how long do they last. By map-visible spawn, everything counts that you don’t have to actively walk into to reveal!

Second, for ANY epic spawn, how long it lasts. If you can’t let yourself loose that epic, waiting to time out, it is fine! But every data helps, if you wait collecting it for 30 mins for example, then go for it, that is adding data of being at least 30 mins of “longevity”. It’s up to you how much you are willing to risk and therefore contribute.

An interesting side note, if you can note that shorter epic lifetime has any correlation with common and rare rapid spawning and despawning. It could be another part of the equation.

Data (constantly under update):

This is where I will put any community collected data.

1. Rajasaurus (L4)
  • data by Ravensaurus
    Epic was present on opening app, 6:19 P.M. Epic was visible on map for 35 minutes, was collected on 6:54 P. M.
    Total lifespan: 35+ minutes
  1. Common and Rare samples
  1. Baryonyx (Global anytime spawn spotted in L4 at night)
  • data by Ravensaurus
    Spawn in time: 12:08 P. M.
    Despawn Time: 12:26 P. M.
    Total lifespan: 18 minutes
    Extra info: rapid spawning and despawning sequence (3 Suchomimus disappeared and 2 new ones popped up in the meantime )
  1. Ankylosaurus (L4)
  • data by LadyHadden
    Spawn time: 2:26 pm
    Despawn time 3:11 pm
    Total Lifetime: 45 minutes
  1. Amargacephalus (park spawn? )
  • data by Liam_Catley
    Spawn time: 4 pm
    Despawn time: 4.55pm
    Total lifetime: 55 mins
  1. Koolasuchus Gen 2 (rare) in L4
  • data by LadyHadden
    Spawn time: 10:29 am
    Despawn time: 11:29 am
    Total Lifetime: 60 minutes
  1. Amargasaurus (rare) in L4
  • data by LadyHadden
    Spawn time: 11:14 am
    Despawn time: 12:20 pm
    Total lifetime: 66 minutes
  1. Tyrannosaurus Rex (epic) in L4
  • Data by LadyHadden
    Spawn time: 12:10 pm
    Despawn time: 12:15 pm
    Total lifetime: 5 minutes
  1. Gorgosuchus (epic) in L4
  • Data by LadyHadden
    Spawn time: 12:40 pm
    Despawn time: 1:32pm
    Total lifetime: 52 mintues
  1. Baryonyx
  • data by Hybari_Kyoya
    Spawn time : 10.13 pm
    Despwan time : 10.59 pm
    Total time’s covered at common strike : 46 mins
  1. Spinosaurus (rare) in L4
  • Data by LadyHadden
    Spawn time: 9:54 am
    Despawn time: 10:02 am
    Total lifetime: 8 minutes
  1. Megalosaurus (L3)
  • Data by MagicFingers
    Time stamps: unavailable
    Total lifetime: approximately 28 minutes
  1. Kaprosuchus (L3)
  • Data by MagicFingers
    Time stamps: unavailable
    Total lifetime: approximately 5 minutes
  1. Gorgosuchus in L4
  • data by Ravensaurus
    Timestamps unavailable
    total lifetime: approximately 25 minutes
  1. Koolasuchus in L4
  • data by Ravensaurus
    Timestamps unavailable
    Total lifetime: approximately 30 minutes
  1. Nodopatosaurus in L4
  • data by Ravensaurus
    Timestamps unavailable
    Total lifetime: approximately 30 minutes
8 Likes
Epic Spawn Rates
FAQ: DNA/Spawn/Despawn/Coin/Cash Timer Limits + Strategy/Advice
FAQ: DNA/Spawn/Despawn/Coin/Cash Timer Limits + Strategy/Advice

Visual representation of the first Rajasaurus data collected by me

I support and appreciate a thread like this!! Good timing research is so necessary!!

2 Likes

Ravensaurus, our alliance has already begun this and have data for Common and Rare: Please visit our massive post here: FAQ: DNA/Spawn/Despawn/Coin/Cash Timer Limits + Strategy + Alliance Subforum

1 Like

May I add the link and the data itself (~40 mins) to the original post?

I was also personally suspecting 40 mins, but if we could gather sizable ammount of data to confirm your theory, that would be absolutely fantastic. So hopefully more people will test it out.

1 Like

Yes you may add our post/link to the OP. We definitely need data on epics but I’m not sure with the frequent epic spawning we shall get answers lol. Further, no one is willing to let go of an epic…just for data purposes…unless they are in the L5 I’ve been reading about then sure they can do it for us.

2 Likes

@Raven my friend, you’re a good man

2 Likes

Well, I have to admit, originally, I was just openning the app and saw that Raja 3 streets down. Given how many times epics despawned for me like that, I wasn’t really willing to change from pjamas to proper clothing, get my winter shoes laced and stuff, getting coat… Then after 22 minutes passed, and the thing was still there, I have just gotten curious and was like…

You know, sod it, I will dress up and find out what that is. Reached the Rajasaurus after 32 minutes has passed and I was just eager to find it if it will make into the 35 minute mark, so I just stood there, waiting for it to happen. And since it didn’t despawn, I was like “okay, that’s enough test for me, I might as well collect my reward for actually going outside despite the cold”.

Tbh, I am willing to let expire certain epics at this point. Mainly Koolasuchus and Secodontosaurus, but depending on my mood and how bad the weather outside is, I may let go off a Baryonyx, a Brachiosaurus or maybe even a T.Rex (since I can’t dart it for more than 172 dna for the life of me).

Well, obviously, in L5, epics don’t despawn, you silly. That’s why they can collect 100 Erlikosaurus and 200 T.Rex a day. Legends tell, that at pad thai restaurants in L5, even wild Indominus Rexes spawn as well.

2 Likes

We have our second epic sample today, ladies and gentlemen. Well, it’s technically tomorrow for me, but still.

Baryonyx
Spawn time: 12:08 P. M.
Despawn time 12:26 P. M.
Total lifetime: 18 minutes

Visuals:

1 Like

Good evening Ravensaurus, caught a typo in the OP, the spawn time length for Common/Rare is 52 mins, despawn time is the 40 min one. Thanks! Hope we get an answer for the epics! Saw your earlier post, quite funny. L5 is the spawn city/country that never sleeps I guess. I would definitely like to visit that restaurant as well…lol

2 Likes

I might be understanding it wrong, but doesn’t despawn time means it exists on the map for 40 minutes and spawn time means it needs 52 minutes for a dinosaur spot to spawn another if collected?

If the common / rare exists for 52 minute I will gladly change that description.

1 Like

I thought it was birthed (spawned) and after it runs away (despawn), how long until it’s birthed (spawn) again? BUT, we are talking about time…
Spawn time (awaiting the spawn)
Despawn time (awaiting disappearance)

I think I get where you’re at now! Except “spawn” and “despawn” are some weird looking/sounding words now…

Ah, I see now.
I meant the “lifetime” between it spawning (birth) and despawning (going away).

1 Like

Ravensaurus, I might have confused myself then within the post. I’ll gladly correct my terms used just to make sure everyone can understand perfectly. LadyHadden thank you very much for clarifying the language!

So the dino will spawn and stay present (lifetime) for 52 min before despawning. Then there is a 40 min cooldown time before another spawn can occur.

1 Like

I’m glad you found it “Claireifying”! I was confused while I was posting it. :rofl:

1 Like

Not got pictures but had an epic hybrid armargo spawn from 4pm to 4.55pm so a spawn time of 55 mins

2 Likes

Ankylosaurus (epic) in L4
Spawn time: 2:26 pm
Despawn time 3:11 pm
Total Lifetime: 45 minutes

1 Like

@LadyHadden
You couldn’t go for this one? If you could have, I am incredibly grateful you sacrificed such a valuable epic for “research” purpose :blush:

3 Likes

I’m curious to see if all epics are created equal or if some despawn quicker than others.

2 Likes

Koolasuchus Gen 2 (rare) in L4
Spawn time: 10:29 am
Despawn time: 11:29 am
Total Lifetime: 60 minutes

1 Like