Ludia Forums

DC is off the team

I’m sick of it. It’s gotten boring and made me lazy. It was fun for a while, kind of the gun at a knife fight feeling… but after a while that just gets old. My best battles lately (which are few and far between) are when neither I nor my opponent has it.

So I benched it. Let the trophies fall where they may. Like they even matter…

36 Likes

Welcome to the club!!! I figure it’ll put me ahead of the game when its finally nerfed.

13 Likes

I recently did this as well, I just wasn’t liking him as a creature, it was more of just a way to get damage off but not actually battle. So he went bye bye.

3 Likes

I’ve actually fought without her in an actual arena fight for a while now. I’ve gone on and off with her, like one of those young couple relationships that seem to break up and get together like it’s the thing to do. But every time I fight with DC, my whole team strategy just seems weak.

My whole idea for DC is to keep her till the very end, if and when my team has nearly exhausted their energy. But my DC is only level 18, only have a few tiers on her, and nearly everyone and their Mama has one. So even if I do pull a DC, more often than not, someone else is gonna pull theirs out as well. And I can guarantee that they’ll have the upper hand. So screw it, if I’m gonna lose anyway thanks to a 8/8/8 DC snapping my health away like a brown Thanos.

I kinda like dancing around with DC anyway, so long as their health and damage are reasonable to deal with.

4 Likes

Never even created her or Thor xD keeping it old school in the 100-200 rank

10 Likes

I did the same, not because I hated the thing, I never did, but because I got bored of that playstyle.

3 Likes

Did the same some time ago and started to have some fun again in battles too

3 Likes

Used it once, never will again.

3 Likes

This thread gives me a bit of hope. All I can say. It’s time for this strategy to go, hate it or love it. It’s made battles far to predictable and similar in multiple arenas it’s the same.

I don’t dislike ppl who use it. I dislike the fact that it is a thing is all.

5 Likes

Same. Used it for April Fool’s and then put it right back on the bench.

7 Likes

I used it in that legendary boosted tourney for 2 matches. I felt so bad ratting my opponent. I quit the tourney right away. Never ever used it other than that.

Now April fools. Lord Lyth…yes.

4 Likes

But you still use a Draco G2. :roll_eyes:

@Stiffeno

7 Likes

I did the same after the stun event and unlocked Tenotorex. Noticed 2 things:

1. Battles become more fun and I wasn’t brainlessly swapping in DC
  2. I gained an extra dino, so rather than having 7 and a one trick pony I have 8
5 Likes

Its been off my team for a good 3-4 months. I liked it better when it has swap in stun and 119 base speed.

Used it for about two weeks when it got SIADSR and hated every minute of it. Haven’t gone back since.

7 Likes

I’ve created it and it just sits in the museum. I’ve used Dracorex G2 in the commons tournament only so I could get back to prior position where i’ve ended up during the first day, after I got knocked down over and over by people who used the thing. Then I just settled for that position and stopped playing the tournament. It just wasn’t as fun as Kapro, all I had to do was make sure opponent’s 3rd critter was down to half hp and it was dead when DracoG2 entered. Way too easy.

2 Likes

I had mine on and off many times trying different approaches to ultimately replace it and finally the days of basing the whole battle around trying to save it are done. Too many counters and dc awareness has risen to the point that bringing it in at any point didn’t work out. Congrats :grin:

2 Likes

Never used it, never will.
Despite the rat lovers giving me grief, and saying I shouldn’t moan about it if I don’t want to use it, I will never stoop so low.
I play to enjoy the experience, and the rat offers no joy whatsoever to anyone, except possibly the first few times it’s used when created. Then when the opponent has it and does it to you, you realise what a miserable experience it offers.

There are areas in the arena that are simply over run with them from Sorna Marshes onward. And it seems it’s from that point that so many quit the game. It’s no coincidence that this where the rat starts appearing.

7 Likes

I hate Rat so much that even i couldn’t unlock it

6 Likes

I benched my L29 Rat a couple of days ago too … similar reasons plus it was compromising the team’s 3 hit and runners. Ran with L29 Stegod for a while and now using L27 Tryo. Trophies pretty much unchanged and thinking I may set a new high score.

6 Likes