Ludia Forums

Dear game makers and players *gps issues*

This might be me just having a tinfoil hat moment but…

I play this game on my commute to work. This means busses and subway. Lately it’s been just randomly assigning a GPS location and leaving me stuck. I message support and miraculously it’s fixed.

I’m drawing the conclusion that thi is some anti cheat protocol. Since after a few times of this the game won’t load dispute signal strength.

I play this game because it’s a quick fun game. I like to catch Dino’s as I go to work.

What I don’t like is spending my whole commute trying to fix a game.

Just saying that is issues that drive people away. Already I’ve given up my music as any other program running when jwa is on causes crashes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

My other half has had gps issues for a long time with no resolve. He drives over the road and hunts when he stops anywhere between the upper midwest US to Florida or California. I sure hope the issue isn’t ludia assuming some players are spoofing their locations although it happens too often for them to be too careful. I have heard that opening google maps at the same time may correct it. It didn’t work for him though. Hope it gets fixed for you soon :slightly_smiling_face:

To be honest spoofing is really not an issue. Honestly it only gives access to more choice opportunities. They still need thier skill to battle and to collect. I think it only is an issue for the me too mentality. … With that said I uninstalled and reinstalled and that worked.

But again if I am going to need to do that all regular and such it’s gonna burn through my data. And that would end game play too. Just saying

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)