Ludia Forums

Defend Berk is a joke after “rebalancing” points

No way to win without toothless as the other dragons can’t stay in play for more than a few hits after they were downgraded to 2/3. Please put it back. It has ruined the fun of that part of the game.

3 Likes

I agree.
They completely ruined Defend for me as well. It’s a total failure. Even with the 85% boost I take a beat down. Suddenly can’t win for anything. Why don’t developers realize that gamers know “more challenging” equates to simply done to slow us down, and making them more $. It is NOT fun for us. All they have to do now is destroy Brawl and I’m done with this game.

2 Likes

Which level are you on? I am at 600+ and I don’t notice any difference. It just the figures change but the performance is the same.

2 Likes

My dragons are only at 10o and I’m on fleet 71

1 Like

Ahh I see. All levels below 100 are really really hard. What’s your toothless level now? They will become manageable eventually. All my attempts now are three keys. I’m at 587.

2 Likes

Toothless is at 100 as well. I was beating each Defend pretty well until the new update, now there isn’t a thing I can do to get passed 71. I’m not even trying any more. Once I’m able to level up a bit I will give it another go. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wait, there was a point at which brawl wasn’t a piece of garbage? I must have missed that…

2 Likes

:joy:
I actually like Brawl, as well as Gauntlet and Defend. If it weren’t for the combat features, you might as well play Merge Dragons. Although, I am not happy about the token system for advancing Brawlers. That needs to be reworked somehow.

1 Like

I like defend; it advances in a way that’s tied to your overall progress. Defend was part of the game for a long time, whereas brawl and gauntlets are a relatively recent introduction.

Gauntlets are sometimes okay, but I’ve never cared for brawl. As for the token system, I have mixed feelings; yes, its broken, but it’s also fair in its way; that is, you are on a mostly level playing field no matter how dedicated your are to brawl, or how much you ignore it or are just starting out. If any changes are made, they would need to retain this aspect, because it would be pretty horrible if gauntlets became only playable for dedicated, long-term players.

Oh, and then there’s the broken stamina timers…

2 Likes

Yeah, gotta love not getting stamina after 24 hrs. Truth.
My opinion differs from yours on Brawl only slightly. If you are a dedicated player, and are good at it, just like an athlete, you SHOULD rise quicker, and be stronger than someone who plays once a week or when they feel like it. The arbitrary token system makes it more like being at Las Vegas than anything else, and seems pretty unfair to me. Oh I’ve got “champion” dragons but no tokens to raise them, yet I see ppl with high levels of them and the same amount of wins as me. Not really fair. If you are new, you SHOULD stink. That’s how anything goes. Lol but randomly being able to level up brawlers seems unfair. I usually beat down brawlers with dragons even 2 levels higher than mine, but there’s only so much you can do without those all important tokens. Btw- has anyone ever figured out how packs are awarded, it seems random. I’ve beaten ppl with much stronger dragons and gotten a basic pack, and barely won against someone less strong than mine, and gotten a silver. So it makes no rhyme or reason.

1 Like

Again, I can’t disagree more strongly. One of the strong points of RoB is that it’s a single-player game that doesn’t penalize newcomers over veterans. You’re basically proposing to change that.

I expect you answered your own question.

1 Like

I am not proposing to penalize new players over veterans, as you can tell from our other discussions, I haven’t been playing for more than a couple of months. What I am opposed to is the obvious advancement of players who dish out lots of cash to buy token packs and advance by money instead of by ability. I’m not against spending, Ludia makes a product, people should expect to support it. That doesn’t mean how it’s worked is fair. What do you suggest instead?

1 Like