Ludia Forums

Demystifying the Trade Harbor

For those that have been around for awhile might have picked up on the information already in this post but hoping it will help others understand what the trade harbor is good for and possibly not good for.

What is the Trade Harbor?
The trade harbor is located just north of the Cenozoic Biodome on the beach of the island. I cant remember at what level this unlocks or if it is locked at all (someone please comment below and let me know and I will update this information). This is where Chanya Diogo is located who is who you will be dealing with on a daily basis for trades, so get to know her and her tricks. There are two types of trades that can be done here, the ones that constantly cycle throughout the day where she proposes trades to you, and the custom trades where you pick the resource you are willing to trade (and how much of that resource depending on what it is) and what type of resource you are looking for in return and Chanya will offer something up to you to accept or walk away from.

Why would I want to trade any of my resources away?
You will quickly learn as you level up your park that their are certain capacity thresholds you will run into where a certain resource is maxed out and you cant store anymore or you might have way more of a resource than you could need for the foreseeable future. The trade harbor is where you can go to look for ways to free up space for a resource that might be more valuable / useful to you.

What is a good trade?
Well this is debatable and will ultimately depend on your game play and what you are looking to accomplish. That being said there are areas of the game that are easily maxed when it comes to resources and others that you have to scrape and claw for just a little bit more of. Generally the resources that are easiest to come by are coins and food, but especially coins. As your park grows so does your coin production, so coins are always easy to come by. Food is a different story as some times you may be burning through millions and millions of food just leveling one creature from level 30-40 and you might do this a few times in quick succession depending on how your hatching and fusing is going, then you will have other times where you are barely using any food because you are currently stuck with 3-4 creatures in the hatchery that still have 6 days left on their hatch timer.

Resources you will almost always need more of are DNA, DinoBucks, and VIP points. I would argue that anytime coins or food are offered up to be traded for one of these three take the deal if you can spare the coins/food. Personally I even trade DNA for DinoBucks or VIP points. As you also increase in park level and eventually max out you will start to accumulate lots of extra resources in other forms like buildings, decorations, creatures, and battle boosters. All of these are trade-able for other resources so keep your eyes open for deals or utilize the custom trade area to offload some of them.

Again what makes a good deal for one person does not for another based on goals within their park so analyze the deal for what makes sense for you and your goals.

I have gathered some information on over ~ 200+ trades and compiled it below to give you an idea of what you can expect, you need to pay attention in the trade harbor as Chanya will try and pull a fast one on you from time to time and move a decimal or two on you and make what at first glance seem like a great trade into an actual nightmarish trade, long story short buyer be ware while in the trade harbor as all sales are final.

In the table below the column to the left is what you are trading in to Chanya and the labels across the top is what that will generally get you. These trades are all at level 75 so your trades may vary based on your level or what you have available in your inventory. As an example the first row is if you trade in 10,000,000 coins you can expect to get on average 994 DNA or 545 DinoBucks or 817 VIP points and so on across the table. As a VIP member I am not sure if any of my trade deals are better but I do see a few in my trade feed with the “JW” VIP logo on them so I am assuming those are only for VIP members. “B” at the end of a descriptor is for Booster, “C” is for creature, a “-” means I have not collected any data for this type of trade it is possible that some trades do exist for these types of trades I just haven’t recorded any recently.

Trade Type Value to Trade To Coins To Food To DNA To Dbucks To VIP Points To Legendary B To Decorations To VIP Decorations To Super Rare C To Legendary C To VIP C
From Coins 10,000,000 - - 994 545 817 0.61 4.92 - - 0.22 -
From Food 1,000,000 3,150,666 - 160 - 177 0.12 1.04 - - - -
From DNA 1,000 1,310,042 693,831 - 360 503 0.61 1.27 1.23 - - -
From Dbucks 1,000 - 730,420 656 - - 0.64 1.99 2.59 - 0.31 0.09
From VIP Points 1,000 1,518,598 687,897 1,178 745 - 1.36 2.90 0.82 0.12 0.26 0.09
From Common B 4 2,651,188 1,232,422 185 - 116 - - - - - -
From Rare B 1 1,813,399 438,955 162 - 73 - - - - - -
From Super Rare B 1 2,572,295 999,365 - 162 226 - - - - - -
From Legendary B 1 4,961,714 3,047,796 624 264 - - - - - - -
From Decorations 1 827,163 401,825 321 169 - - - - - - -
From VIP Decorations 1 1,077,734 508,977 424 274 - - - - - - -
From Common C 1 115,559 - - - - - - - - - -
From Rare C 1 - - 341 - - - - - - - -
From Super Rare C 1 - 480,003 1,269 - - - - - - - -
From Legendary C 1 - - 2,680 - 1,114 - - - - - -
From Tournament C 1 10,821,926 4,680,388 4,141 419 2,720 - - - - - -
From VIP C 1 - - - - - - - - - - -

At the end of the day if the trade makes sense to you for your situation its a good trade, take it and be thankful for a quick way to swap out unneeded resources for one that you are seeking. If its a bad trade walk away and come back later to see if your list has refreshed. You can also refresh your list by spending 50 DBucks to refresh your list, personally I do this the maximum amount of three times every 24hr period since I generally will get trades for DBucks that out weigh the cost or I will get VIP or DNA trades that make it worth it for me.

5 Likes
Best Custom Trades

Great information, especially for people who are new to Jurassic World. If my English were better I would have written the same.