Ludia Forums

[Developers] Stat Boosts 2.0

Haha. Cool. I learnt something new.

1 Like

A lvl 23 Shouldnt match with a lvl 28. Thats main problem. They need to change how matchmaking works. Need to match by levels instead trophies. I keep matching against lvl 30 and my higher dino its 25, all the other 7 dinos are 21 to 24 lvl. I had a chance with the boosts, but anymore. You don’t really need boosts if you have a fair matching.

2 Likes

I am homebound due to health issues… unable to “go out hunting”, as you say. This update seriously hurt my ability to play the game as it not only nerfed the boosts I was actually able to acquire, but drastically dropped the level of supply drops near my home (2!) to the point that I can no longer get enough darts to complete my dailies. It’s very frustrating. Add to that the quantity of dinosaurs that wander into my area has been cut to a third of what it was. They took the fun out of the game when they did this update. Not sure how much longer I’ll be playing. Glad you’re having fun though. One person is better than none. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s better. Noone should unlock a new unique, boost it to tier 6 across the board because it was dirt cheap and start competing at a much higher level, just because of their boosts.
That’s not how progression is meant to work in JWA. Earn your progression. Don’t buy it.

5 Likes

i feel for you but this is a gps mobile game. there are other stationary games that can be played from home. i do hope that ludia fixes that for you though.

i would definitely email them about it in the link provided on this thread [News] Jurassic World Alive | Map Post Update 1.10

I just battled this. I’m still unboosted.

1 Like

Just lost my 7th battle in row, supply drops gone from 6 in my home area from day 1 to now 3. I live in the country side and half the other supply drops and events in my area are either in an area with no signal or no footpath or nowhere to pull over in a car.

Point 2 and 3 are absolute bollocks, i play for free and didnt spend money, there was no unfair to it we all had they same opportunity to acquire boosts for free or cash, your acting like some people didnt have a chance to get boosts equally.

4 Likes

I am not 100% and I don’t mean this in a rude way. But, I believe once everyone gets to the trophy count they should be at based on power level (level/boost/trophies), you will see that you are matched up more evenly.

The cost of everything is out of balance, but I don’t believe it cannot or will not be adjusted. However, the arenas have been a breath of fresh air for me personally. I have not applied a single boost as of yet. I have been able to play my lower level unique dinos (28) without being one shot by over powered dinos. Also, my regular team of level 30’s haven’t decimated my opponents lower levels either. Take all that with a grain of salt.

Respect,

3 Likes

I dont get why someone would drop that many boosts for speed on an inherently slow dino. His magic is in attack. Ratchet the attack up and health right behind it.

2 Likes

So far I’m down for this change just my opinion. As I don’t want lower level teams max boosted smacking me up. And I don’t even want to smack higher level players around either. Just please overlook the dracorat/procerat for the long term view I think they can cause a imbalance in this system still. Long term not short term view.

I had a good time unboosted, even reached a new high score :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed playing JW Alive , one of my favorite apps. But changing the rules and resetting is just not acceptable. Unfortunately you’ve lost a customer.

9 Likes

Far too few boosts given to the player.

AI still has 4+ boosts, making AI fights in lockwood damn near impossible. 25 smilonemys with 4/4/4 = lol bye team, 3-0’d.

2 Likes

I like others paid for boosts would buy some once a week when on offer. Now I am unae to even boost my strike team and level 26 means that

this happens their is no way of boosting overall and it is nothing compared to the boosts b4 all of my DINOS were boosted even slightly but to go from needing 2 boosts for a minimum when your paying 500 for 25 boosts to then go go a minimum of 100 for a minimum that has just percentage wise in cost an extream in inflation. What we bought is not what we paid for. Yes it’s happened to everyone. I do not think it was fair to change to 100 boosts per level

5 Likes

Great job Ludia!

7 Likes

Its called “Relative Power”, if everyone’s dinosaurs are “made weaker” then nobodies dinosaurs are made weaker.

You cant have your monster Thor and arena balance! Either everyone has OP dinosaurs or nobody does, this is called - Balance!

I understand why players would be pissed about the change but this is for the overall good of the game going forward, do you really want those massively boosted Thors and Rat still around?

Like when everyone was raging to get rid of those super boosted Thors that were killing arena balance…they didnt ACTUALLY think they would get to keep THEIR boosted Thor…right? thats not how balancing works!

16 Likes

I have the same problem. They took away most of my supply stations and moved the rest out to the limits of my range. They dispense fewer darts too. Also removed my sanctuary. I used to find 3 to 5 dinosaurs each time I logged on, today none. This update broke the game.

3 Likes

If you move around, you will find many more dinos. Seriously, it’s almost annoying while in a moving vehicle. I am exaggerating here, but it feels like pop ups went up by 2000%! I believe that is a ploy to deter spoofers and get players back on the move, which I believe is how they intended us to play.

Respect,

5 Likes

But the rat is doing just fine now. Still with tons of HP and attack. It’s even more difficult to deal with it now. I wouldn’t call that balancing…

3 Likes

Hello Research Girl (great rival when we face).

I think the opposite. Now the teams with more boosts purchased will be even better compared to the stronger teams but with less Boosts.

The calculation is easy. Someone who before the update had 510 boosts spent on speed (or any of the characteristics) of a dino had level 8 of that level, while someone who had spent 126 had level 6, that is, two levels higher. Now those 510 have become 765, which gives for level 7 almost 8. Meanwhile, who was 126, has 189, level 1 almost 2, that is, 6 levels higher.

Before, at first the “millionaires” had a lot of advantage over the “poor” (or those who do not want to spend a fortune on the game), but as the level went up the thing was equaled so that, after level 7, a the “millionaires” increasingly found it difficult to level up. In the previous example, when the millionaire had bought 504 more boost, he would have gone from level 8 to level 9. Meanwhile, the “poor” would have obtained 126 more boosts going from level 6 to 7. The difference remained. Now, the “millionaire” with 505 boosts will rise 5 levels, up to level 13 and the “poor” will rise with 125 one more level, going to level 3. The difference between one and the other will be 10 levels.

The change aims to “millionaires” continue to spend a lot of money and is a lawful objective, but do not tell us that now teams with a lot of level will evolve better than teams with less level with a lot of boost because it is to take us for fools.

6 Likes