Ludia Forums

Did the ai eat some Wheaties?

I got to fight the ai tonight and I thought I was in for a win (was needed with so many rats out tonight). But then these 2 dinos clobbered me. Ai started with maxima and I started with Utah. I went for most damage in critical impact. They swapped immediately into Phuora who stunned me negating my attack. She then out sped me and one shot insta rampaged me. I then brought in erlidom and finished her off. Out came maxima and killed her. At that point none of my dinos were going to do anything so I got smoked losing 3-1 to ai. Sad day lol

3 Likes

10/10 Title

6 Likes

ludia promised stronger a.i.
well, it seems they got it.
:japanese_goblin:

3 Likes

I like te AI nowadays. Somewhat of a challenge, though so far I haven’t lost yet. Got a close call or two though! One day the AI will have sweet revenge on me, I’m sure.

6 Likes

Agreed, AI is definitely harder than before. I had very hard time defeating them without any boosts. With boosts its better but AI now making use of Priority moves a lot especially from Dio, Tryko, Utranix and others.

1 Like

The tricky part to me is actually that all of the tank and slow dinos have at least 1 or 2 tiers in speed. So their Tryko, Dio, Maxima or Thor is always faster than mine, as I’m not gonna speed boost them.

4 Likes

Thats why I boosted my Maxima to tier-2 in boosts (also gives edge to Thors without speed boosts)’; but yes my Thor/Tryko are unboosted in speed (Thor completely unboosted). Though thinking about boosting thor’s speed by tier-1 or 2 to avoid this.

Ah yes, the dreaded robomaxima. It mops the floor with all I have. I’ve defeated players’ maximas, but these … these are scary!

2 Likes

I wasn’t going to speed boost Maxima but in the end just gave it one; it now outspeeds other Maximas and a few others as well - including an unboosted Thor which I see quite a lot as people pour the boosts into health and damage.

Edit: LOL, hadn’t read @NiceGuy’s reply before I typed this - great minds think alike

1 Like

I’m kinda torn on it.
I like battles in bulk and prefered fighting AI because it was so quick and not much of a time sink. Now I prefer playing actual players (So long as they dont take 2 seconds to pick every single move) because the time sink has shifted. Whoever decided to make the AI use the beefiest, most stalling and annoying dinos was smart.
Making players preferable to the AI is healthy for the game.

1 Like

when matchmaker shows AI button…

i used to think “ok, free incubator now”.
until these days, i lost for a steroids a.i.

nice to see a.i. finally challenging. :clap:

1 Like

The AI got stronger by the process of the players getting weaker with the boost reset. Want tough dino’s? Try the campaign now.

1 Like

but the behavior is different too.
ai moves seem not so self destructive anymore. better choices, more similar to what we would choose.

1 Like

Yes, so similar that i sometimes forgot that i was battling against AI. Brought me to the brink of dispair more than once. It happened twice that AI could have won the battle by taking my dino’s next attack and then attack herself. It swapped instead and thus lost its advantage.
My first thought was that AI did the same at the Indo event. My second …sinister… thought was: Did AI let me win? I’m scared.

1 Like

Arena AI seems better but Strike Tower AI still makes plenty of tactical errors.

2 Likes