Dino customization

It could be fun to be able to customize dino with some color skins and custom names for example

5 Likes

I would love to turn Trykosaurus into Bowser. :grin:

3 Likes

Yes or have a shiny pink utasinoraptor :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m for it so long as I don’t see the new name. That would ruin my immersion too much.

1 Like

That’s a very good point, @Colin_Goodman. Maybe the customization doesn’t get carried over into battle? :thinking:

1 Like

Customizations, if implemented, should remain on the players screen not anyone else’s.

1 Like

I’d like to be able to give my dinos a nickname and for it to show during battle. Just imagine all the possibilities.

2 Likes

Then not much point to customizing stuff (colors) if you can’t show it off. Yeah, some people like looking at their stuff but others like to show off. The name part however yeah it could get a bit distracting for some seeing a critter named “DinoMcDinoface” or some creative but rude language. Though I wouldn’t mind if it showed both the creature’s species and in small letters its nickname.

2 Likes

“I had the boys at the lab whip me up this custom dino while I was fusing some hybrid dna.”
There, your immersion is safe. And actually it increases it.

1 Like

It’s not the colours that would be the problem.

I wouldn’t want to face a Tyrannosaur that walked under the name Rexy McRexyFace, Chomper or something unpleasant. When it walks on screen, on my phone it needs to say Tyrannosaurus Rex.

2 Likes

Would you even see the name if you didn’t click their stats?

You can think of something like
“Real name” aka “custom name”
Showing the custom name to others would make it a lot more fun but it will also need a flagging/reporting option and this mean more work for the company to handle the reports.

On the other side color skins could be sold or be specific rewards for tournaments, achievements and so on …

3 Likes

If the naming filters were as strict as this forum, there wouldn’t be any problems I bet :wink:

2 Likes

That could actually have an option to switch on/off whether you want to see custom names / skins. So even if someone names their Tyra that way, you’d not see it. Or like Tree Fiddy said, could just have nickname shown under stats, maybe somewhere at the bottom of the attacks.

1 Like

As long as the nickname didn’t come up as the dinosaur, such as in my Tyrannosaurus example, it would be fine.

Alternative skins might well be something I’d spend real cash on if I had some spare.

3 Likes

Replacing the name would be bad not just because of the immersion but because some new players would go “What the heck am I fighting? Smellysocks? What dino is that?”, especially if it’s colored pink.

5 Likes