Ludia Forums

Dino from scent turn into a difference one after darting one of them

This is for reporting bugs only, if you are having trouble making a purchase or need help recovering your account please post in Help & Support here.

Please fill in the following fields!

Bug Description:
Observe Sarcosuchus, she turned into europhocephalus when I finished darting Tenontosaurus.

Area is was found in:
Anywhere

How do you reproduce the bug:
Step 1- Use a scent capsule and start walking
Step 2 - When two dino’s appeared, dart one of them
Step 3 - Another scent spawned dino turn into another one
(add more if needed)

How often does it happen:
Not so frequently but it seems to most likely happen when I use a 20 minutes scent

What type of device are you using:
Asus ROG Phone running Android 8.1

Anything else? (add screenshots or additional information here)

1 Like

Oh, that’s crazy! I will definitely make note of this if it ever happens to me.

This happens to me all the time. Sometimes it works to your advantage, sometimes not.

I’ve never experienced it before

It happens when you use a scent in parks. If you dart one Dino the other Dino will switch into another Dino from whichever local you’re in. It only happens in parks from my experience.

I had 2 sinos spawned off a 5min common, the other disappeared after I darted the first one.

Did you move? I’ve had issues with spawns disappearing super quick even if I move just a little.

I sat still darted those fresh spawns. And surprised but wasn’t that surprised🤷

Bummer sucks man. :/. Hope you get some wild sinos soon to make up for it.

1 Like

Nah… 5min with a sino isn’t a thing to complain, what annoys me is 4 epics without a single kentro :joy:

1 Like

This is a known issue. It happens when you use scents at parks. The second spawn migrates to a local spawn keeping it’s rarity. This is due to the lag introduced in 1.6. Lag is behind most current issues (arena battles specially).

Theoretically you can “exploit” this bug to your advantage. Are you hunting for Sino? Go to a park in a local one and run an epic scent. When pteranodon/Darwin spawn next to a common, dart the common in the first place. When the darting session ends and the game reloads the map, it will load an epic local spawn rather than a park spawn. You may have got yourself a Sino (or a crappy concavenator).

Edit: there’s another issue bound to this. If you catch a local spawn at the park, the next spawn from the scent will be a local spawn as well. So, if you are actually interested in park spawns, do not catch the second spawn when it has migrated to local. You’d prevent yourself from pulling park dinosaurs from your scent.

Edit 2, described first here:

2 Likes

Oops! The park spawn rate is horrible enough. This bug is so annoying. Thanks for the info!