Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #100 - Pyroraptor

Lythronax

Pyroraptor was a dromaeosaur, a small, bird-like predatory theropod that possessed enlarged curved, slashing claws on the second toe of each foot. Each of these claws were 6.5 centimeters (2.5 in) long. The first and only identified specimen was found in the south of France, in Provence, and is known only from a few bones, named Pyroraptor olympius by Allain and Taquet in 2000. The name means “Mount Olympus fire thief”, because its remains were discovered after a forest fire. The type specimen consists of the distinctive foot claws, as well as fossilized teeth, arm and back bones. It lived during the Cretaceous, 70 million years ago.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: Alpha.
Health: 2250.
Damage: 1350.
Speed: 129
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 10%

DNA can be used for: Pyrritator.

Distracting Impact.
Pounce.
Strike.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

6 Likes
Dinosaur of the Day #101 - Pyrritator

Firstly, let me start by saying 100th DotD!!! Yay!

Secondly, thank you all for helping make this a good discussion forum for our lovely dinosaurs and hybrids.

15 Likes

When I first saw the profile picture for Pyroraptor it reminded me of the movie Beetlejuice when the ghost stretched their faces. Also congrats on Dino 100

8 Likes

Now I will think of that everytime lol!

1 Like

Now I can;t get that image out of my head! lol

Thank you, and thanks to forum staff for giving us the DotD forum.

2 Likes

2nd coolest raptor to use during the old raptor meta days. :wink: Also, congrats on 100 day as well!

4 Likes

Now it needs the eyeballs at the finger tips :eyes: lol! Congrats on the 100th! Pyro wasn’t in my zone so I never really used it. It took forever to be able to start fusing magna. Funny how it works, with events and strike towers I now have over 2000 dna that, without irritator, just has to wait.

2 Likes

This dino and its fuse are two of the best designed dinos there are.

3 Likes

Congrats on #100!

I feel like most raptors are weak, you either have the speed, or something else at the moment. That means in-between can put you in a really tough spot. A small health bump would be neat or put him at the same speed so the Velociraptor doesn’t counter all other raptors on its own. Even without that, this guy can really struggle to stand up for himself.

Basically, he’s caught between the early game where Velociraptor can counter all other raptors simply by being faster and hitting hard and late game where everything else smashes the poor guy. So he either gets countered by his common counterpart or smashed by something else.

So it’d be a speed buff, or health buff to give him a place in the dino world. I’d go with speed as he’ll never be able to compete with the big boys as he’s an Epic. Another option would be immune to slow which would keep him in the middle but workable, I don’t know that this identity would make sense on him though.

That said, not every dino can always have a place, and maybe that’s just his lot in life for now. It’s not a lot of life, but it’s his life. As we all know, the meta tends to shift over time. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him showing up again at some levels of play in the future.

Disclaimer: I post this as a player and have nothing to do with balance or design decisions.

6 Likes

It is most definitely a glass cannon like other raptors but Velociraptor is still worth including for a good portion of the game. Pyroraptor doesn’t have a great skill set though as Distracting Impact is largely redundant due to Pounce having the same effect (and vice versa).

1 Like

Incoming 100th drawing

1 Like

Good job @Colin_Goodman!
I always enjoy these topics, and I’m excited that you got all the way to 100!
I personally think pyro is another random raptor.
His moveset has changed so much over time!
Impact to armor Piercing impact to distracting to dot and back to whatever it is!
Congrats! :smiley:

1 Like

Here it is

4 Likes

Is that a cake?

1 Like

Yes, it’s a cake in the shape of DotD with a 100 shape candle

1 Like

Yay! :slight_smile: :cake:

1 Like