Health: 3900.
Damage: 1500.
Speed: 114
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Fierce Strike.
Fierce Rampage.
Armour Piercing Impact.

Resistant to crit reduction (50%), damage over time (100%), distraction (50%), rending (50%), speed decrease (100%), stun (100%), swap prevention (75%) and vulnerable (100%).

Nothing has changed for Secodontosaurus with regards to her stats but her abilities have been heavily reworked. Secodontosaurus used to be really good and one of my favourites but now she is less useful and more average. Having a definite strike was far better for her than being a fierce creature. Her role has changed and rather than be a fair counter to dodge/cloak, she is now just another chomper. Disappointing.

I don’t think Secodontosaurus is going to be a good choice for Raids but she could be suitable for the right tournament instead.

What are your thoughts on Secodontosaurus after recent updates and how would you use her now?

1 Like

It should’ve kept the Critical Impact

I certainly think she should have been left as she was.

1 Like

Critical impact is a terrible move, though. Does less damage than a rampage and has a longer cooldown. Maybe when crit was 1.5 it was good, but not now. I also think API is more fitting.

Um, not really. If you put on something with low damage, then yes. But with seco’s damage, that’s 2800 damage, which is basically a rampage

Yes, but as a fierce seco needs to pierce armor at all times. This is a problem of the rare dimetrodon.

That’s not the definition of fierce. Purussaurus is fierce and it can’t pierce armor. Dime has crit impact and it’s fierce.

Like I said that’s where their problems are. Fierces who can’t pierce armor on average don’t do as well against resilients, combined with their low damage output, that makes it even worse for them. The only fierces without armor piercing who do remotely well against resilients are bleeders.

But seco was still a top tier nonhybrid WITH crit impact, and in fact, it was much better. It’s still killing anything with armor with less than 4500 hp in 2, and because most of the creatures with 40%+ armor have less than that, API doesn’t really matter too much, so that turn 1 was a great tool

The point of it is, Pre.2.0 Erlikosaurus was a poor choice against chompers since it couldn’t distract. Yet it was a speedster and should’ve been an excellent choice. Now there are some exceptions like you mentioned, but those that do what they’re meant to do are better at their jobs. A resilient without slowing or distraction cleanse won’t do as well against a cunning, a cunning withput distraction or dodge won’t do as well against a fierce, and a fierce without armor piercing, shield breaking, or bleeding won’t do as well against a resilient.

Seco has 2 other armor piercing moves. In fact, they are shattering moves. It will still beat resilients with crit impact. If it has 20% armor, then it’s no different than API. It will still lose the matchups it loses, like with raptors, but with crit impact, it will get a better hit off so those cunnings can be taken down easier.

Rarity: Epic.
Tier: Alpha High.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 1500.
Speed: 114
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Fierce Strike.
Fierce Rampage.
Armour Piercing Impact.

Resistant to damage over time (100%), reduced damage (50%), rending (50%), speed decrease (100%), stun (100%), swap prevention (75%) and vulnerable (100%).

Updated with the 2.6 changes, which this time is just an adjustment to resistances.