Dinosaur of the Day #11 - Apatosaurus

Alankylosaurus

Apatosaurus is one of the more well known sauropod dinosaurs. It’s name means “deceptive lizard”. It’s remains have been uncovered in various sites in North America. At one point the animal was more commonly known as Brontosaurus, but that animal is now considered to be an entirely separate species of sauropod. Apatosaurus was about 75 feet long and is believed to weigh around 70 tons.

Rarity: Common.
Metahub Tier: Scavenger.
Health: 6000.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 101.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Pinning Strike.
Decelerating Impact.

DNA used for: Nodopatosaurus.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

Best health in the game presently but it is just a speed bump. While it deals an average damage, it’s attacks are just there to stop you swapping (handy with the current swap favoured teams) and to slow you down. For me this animal is just bland and while it may be worth including early on in your career, it is more or less just a DNA farm for getting Nodopatosaurus.

By itself, it can be used by beginners for a while until they are able to build nodopatosaurus. Other than that, poor apatosaurus just becomes yet another dino people just farm for DNA.

As HP go, this sauropod is impressive. At lower levels, it can stay in a fight for a while. Other sauropods like Argentinosaurus or Amargasaurus don’t have the same HP. To me, this seems a bit off, since Argentinosaurus was way larger in size than apatosaurus - it should have been given more HP.

But it’s okay the way it currently stands.

very popular with the ladies. :wink:

he is a component to many great dinos including my favorite, gigaspikasaur.

Fun Fact about me; I never knew Apatosaurus was a dinosaur until JWA, I always assumed every long-neck was a Branchiosaurus. Actually, I never knew alot of these existed like Secodontosaurus, Ophicodon, Gorgosaurus, Pyroraptor, Ouranosaurus and alot more, JWA taught me more than school did lol.

Anyways onto Apatosaurus, like a bunch of people already said, it’s really just DNA farm for Nodopatosaurus. Even at lower levels if you can get an Amargasaurus or that blue rare long-neck (I really can’t spell his name lol) then there’s no real reason to use Apatosaurus as your tank.

I do find it odd that so many dinosaurs in the game seem to just be DNA farms for hybrids. I really would think every dinosaur should be viable in sine way.

Is giga worth leveling? :thinking: been debating on it for a while lol pros and cons? (Assuming you use it and it isnt just your favorite dino to have :sweat_smile:)

pros it has armor, shield. that combo allows it to live long. decelerate paired with its rampage after, really takes alot of health away. aswell as the counterstrike. its the only dino that i like to use lockdown with. i actually spam the button if i know i can trap someone lol. its great to swap in surprisingly to take out the enemy that is on final health. cons, its a big piece of meat that cant cleanse and there are alot of sharp teeth and bleeders out there. i dont start with her. i think her best spot is 3rd or 4th in if it goes that far.

The counter attack is interesting indeed, just wondering how she compares with stegod (who i also currently use as 3rd or 4th).