Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #110 - Sinoceratops

Sinoceratops

Sinoceratops is a genus of ceratopsian that lived in China during the Late Cretaceous, living about 72-66 million years ago. Its name means “Chinese horned face”.

Sinoceratops is a very significant centrosaur because not only it is the first ceratopsid to be ever discovered in China, but it is also one of the largest centrosaurines ever discovered. It lived alongside Shantungosaurus, Zhuchengtyrannus, and Zhuchengceratops.

Like most centrosaurs, Sinoceratops had a single nasal horn and no horns above its eyebrows. However, what distinguishes this ceratopsian is its frill pattern, which is a series of forward-curving frill horns that run around the top of the frill. There is also a series of low set knobs on the top of the frill, which is not seen in any other known ceratopsian.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: Alpha.
Health: 4050.
Damage: 1350.
Speed: 116
Defence: 25%
Critical chance: 5%

DNA can be used for: Allosinosaurus and Utahsinoraptor.

Greater Stunning Impact.
Instant Charge.
Slowing Strike.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?`

3 Likes
Dinosaur of the Day #141 - Utahsinoraptor

Sinoceratops is what we like to refer to as a Unicorn. Simply meaning it doesn’t exist, or at least it doesn’t appear to exist in the wild due to it being a seemingly ultra epic. I have only ever managed to get Sinoceratops from Dinosaur of the Week event drops or more recently from the Alliance rewards (long may they continue!). As this dinosaur is needed for two hybrids and technically a super hybrid if you count Thoradolosaur (due to you needing lots of Sino for Allosinosaurus), it is probably one of the more sort after animals.

In the game it is very good. If I can’t get the drop on it, this will stun and slow it’s way through one or two dinosaurs on my team. I don’t use it though as I can’t get enough DNA to continue the hybrids and have it keep level pace with the rest of my team.

A fair creature to draw

2 Likes

20190404_222948

1 Like

the shame, all that wasted sino dna.

1 Like

I actually like Sinoceratops, it’s my favorite ceratopsian

1 Like

Why wasted?

Used it in lower arenas. Not too bad back there.

Definitely need as much Sino as I can get. Both hybrids are on my team, and so will their uniques be when I get them.

2 Likes

Sino is used for two legendaries and the two uniques made from those legendaries

1 Like

Thanks. I knew there would be something I’d forget.

1 Like

Played a good role in Jurassic World 2.

2 Likes

Another dinosaur.
Pretty good!

1 Like

4 Likes

1 Like