Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #118 - Stegosaurus

EE0B3668-DF8B-4923-B317-B9D8A3594114

Stegosaurus is a dinosaur that lived around 155 million years ago—during the Jurassic Period—in the Western portion of North America and parts of Europe. It was an herbivorous quadruped known for its rounded back and its double row of back plates that end with a a double pair of spikes on this dinosaur’s tail. This dinosaur was first discovered in 1877 by Othniel Charles Marsh during the Great Dinosaur Rush—also known as the Bone Wars. Because this dinosaur had armored plates that seemed shingled, it was given the name Stegosaurus, which means “roofed lizard”.

An interesting fact to note is that of all of the dinosaurs, Stegosaurus had one of the smallest brains. Although the actual anatomy of this dinosaur’s brain is currently unknown, it is known that it only weighed approximately 3 ounces—which is extraordinarily small for a creature that weighed over 5 tons. As such, it is believed that this dinosaur was very simple and slow moving.

Rarity: Common.
Metahub Tier: Survivour.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1200.
Speed: 117
Defence: 20%
Critical chance: 5%

DNA can be used for: Stegoceratops and Stegodeus.

Superiority Strike.
Thagomizer.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?`

4 Likes

One of the first dinosaurs you could get in the early days and it does well until you start to get it’s hybrids. I still used it for a good while but it doesn’t have enough abilities to last long enough. But at lower levels of the Arena it is probably still worthwhile.

1 Like

I used Stegosaurus for a long time in the early stages. He hits pretty hard and can combat distractions. He also used to cure DoT! Every so often I face a level 24-26 Stegosaurus in Jurassic Ruins/Lockwood and it’s like seeing an old friend.

2 Likes

I haven’t faced one outside of strike towers for months. I stopped using mine shortly after I reached the Sorna Marshes.

Another classic dino! I always loved how their tail spikes were named by Gary Larson :smiley:

4 Likes

She was such a useful dino during the raptor meta! Even now, Stego’s DNA serves a purpose for my Monostegotops. :star_struck:

3 Likes

Good ol Stegosaurus. I always pictured it as the ballerina of the dinosaurs always pirouetting badly around the battlefield, with no depth perception, which is why it’s tail kept hitting things.

3 Likes

It is awesome that Paleontologists picked up on that cartoon and made it the official name of the tail spikes ever since.

2 Likes

Yeah.
Stego was a beast in the early early arenas.
She was the best counter to velociraptor, mainly because they’re spammed in the low arenas. Good old stego! I miss you!

1 Like

YAY, stegosaurus!
Incoming drawing

1 Like

Stego really is awesome in the early arenas. Don’t know what I would have done without one.

1 Like

2 Likes

The 1.7 update reduced Stegosaurus speed down from 117 to 116.