Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #124 - Tanycolagreus

Tanycolagreus (“long limb hunter”) has been dubbed a run of the mill kind of Jurassic predator.‭ ‬Small and lightweight,‭ ‬Tanycolagreus probably focused its attentions on hunting smaller dinosaurs that were too difficult for larger predators to live on.‭ ‬However the holotype specimen is of a three meter subadult,‭ ‬with further referred material indicating a size approaching at least four meters long.‭ ‬With this in mind it may be that Tanycolagreus was not restricted to hunting just smaller dinosaurs.

A premaxilla that was originally referred to Stokesosaurus has since been attributed to Tanycolagreus,‭ ‬although some palaeontologists have drawn comparisons between these two dinosaurs with the suggestion that they may be synonymous.‭ ‬Both are of similar size and build,‭ ‬and since the holotype and most complete specimen is of a sub‭ ‬adult,‭ ‬the true adult form may in fact be closer.‭ ‬Also Stokesosaurus is known from incomplete material making proper comparison between it and Tanycolagreus difficult.

Rarity: Common.
Metahub Tier: Alpha.
Health: 3000.
Damage: 1560.
Speed: 130
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Armour Piercing Strike.
Nullifying Impact.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?`

3 Likes

Notes from the 1.7 update read…

• Its attributes have been balanced to take out the Indoraptor if you correctly predict the Indoraptor’s Evasive Stance usage.

I used Tany for a short time probably at the end of last summer but it didn’t stay on my team for long as I could never find the DNA for it and the rest of my team kept leveling. But it’s a good dinosaur, one well worth having.

1 Like

Its on my team. Comes in handy against cloak/ evasive heavy teams.

1 Like

Hey, it’s Tany

I don’t use this dinosaur, but I do love her nonetheless. I keep stockpiling her DNA in case of a future unique.

In battle, she is surprisingly deadly at higher levels.

1 Like

Recently got mine to team level but have not used it yet. We will see if it finds a niche in 1.7!

1 Like

Mine is level 20, on my team, should I level him up?

Depends what the rest of you team looks like.

I never used her. I don’t even know what level she is right now I have to check. I preferred V-Raptor as my fast & hard hitting common, nonetheless I do run into level 15-20 Tanys every now and then. Can’t really say much about it :man_shrugging: my little brother is thinking about using his tho.

1 Like

I think a lot of players took it purely as an easy way of getting nullification attacks. These days there are a few more out there. I can’t remember the last time I faced Tany in the Arena.

1 Like

i wouldnt use this i already have suchotator and edmontoguanodon right now

1 Like

Mines level 30 and she certainly isn’t leaving my team any time soon :blush:

1 Like

One of the best commons. It’s gonna be the bane of Indo in 1.7.

2 Likes

Mine is level 27. She’s never been on my team, but she’s great for strike events due to speed, damage output, and nullify.

2 Likes

easy claps. Good finisher.

5 Likes

I’ve always loved her even when my alliance are going why on earth do u want to level it to 30 she isn’t worth it :joy:

I proved them wrong she’s awesome.

1 Like

post more pls i love reading this

1 Like