Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #128 - Thoradolosaur

I wasn’t so lucky. :pensive:

2 Likes

Waste of speed boosts just to get trophies right there.
What would happen if they don’t draw that? :joy:

2 Likes

Testacornibus-icon

Rarity: Unique.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1700.
Speed: 105.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 40%

Fierce Strike.
Fierce Impact.
Group Shattering Rampage.
Instant Charge.

Resistant to swap prevention (100%) and vulnerable (100%).

Mighty Thoradolosaur has seen a nice increase in health and a small boost to damage. She has become a little slower but I don’t think it impacts her too much. Most who use her will apply a few boosts anyway to improve her further anyway. With her abilities she has an awesome damage potential, even better when boosted, and she is a hybrid everyone will want to collect.

Thoradolosaur can act as an excellent damage dealer in Raids. She’s certainly a good option in my opinion.

What are your thoughts on Thoradolosaur after the recent updates and how would you use her now?

Thor is balanced now. It’s less useful in raids on turn 1 but having a rampage really increases its viability.

1 Like

Might wanna take another look at that Thor doesn’t have group shattering strike last I checked

That will be my copy pasting again… :frowning:

Nerf this monster!

Ok. Jokes aside, thor is balanced. Personally wouldve liked to keep group shattering impact and just give it fierce rampage. Taunt shattering rampage if ludia is wanting to keep the two turn cooldown. And immunity to swap prevention should probably go. It jsut encourages the thor & DC combo even more.

2 Likes

Eh, it’s the bane of anyone within 4500-5500 but it’s balanced. It’s awful that it can’t T1 AoE shatter but otherwise it’s ok

1 Like

Needs to be nerfed. In an alterante realtiy. In this one it’s useful but fair

1 Like

It’s common for me everywhere seeing these green, horned devils…

1 Like

Thoradolosaur does get everywhere. These days though, I am seeing more and more Allosinosaurus where I used to see Thor.

ok, let me cut to the chase. this thing is the most annoying thing ever for aviary players like me in boosted PVP. however, in unboosted PVP, its not quite as overpowered. it is like an offensive allosino that sacrifices base stats for a rampage and some resistances. thats basically what it is. it requires more setup than allosino, but if its set up properly, it can do pretty well. its quite simple, really.
on par with other mediocre uniques like pterovexus and skoonasaurus in unboosted tournaments.

1 Like

It depends where you are in the Arena I suppose. I read a lot of comments that she is massively boosted and OP in the high end levels. I float between Sorna Marshes and Lockwood Estate (with the occasional push into Aviary) with my theme teams, and I have yet to find her more than a nuisance.

Testacornibus-icon

Created using DNA from Tarbosaurus and Allosinosaurus.

Rarity: Unique.
Tier: Elite - Mid.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1700.
Speed: 105.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 40%

Fierce Strike.
Fierce Impact.
Group Shattering Rampage.
Instant Charge.

Resistant to damage over time (50%), swap prevention (100%) and vulnerable (100%).

Thoradolosaur’s stats and abilities have remained unchanged since I last updated her entry. She has however, gained a 50/50 resistance to bleeding which is unexpected. Thoradolosaur remains one of my favourite hybrids though I very rarely use her these days except for the occasional strike tower. A few boosts make her even better. It is true though that she is one of those hybrids who gets overboosted but I think her days of dominating the Arena are mostly behind her now. She is a creature who does well in all three corners of the game and well worth creating.

What are your thoughts on Thoradolosaur after the recent update?

1 Like

I still see that cheeky green devil in the Arena everyday…

1 Like

I still see her a lot, even in Gyrosphere. That’s despite Gamepress confirming that she’s not actually all that good in the current meta.

If anything though, I think that just proves how overdue we are for more pure fierce creatures that don’t suck. Thor loses to a lot of resilients (including both Ceramagnus and Hadros), and instead, wins against a lot of cunnings thanks to the instant charge and the decrease of certain distracting moves. However…

If the resilient nerf goes through, I think Thor could see a comeback. Quite often I find it’s the slowing moves that cause her to lose.

2 Likes

Respectfully to Gamepress I think many of their perceived tiers are inaccurate based on actual play. There are quite a few which are over and under valued.

2 Likes

It’s pretty easy to counter these days, I don’t worry about them as much as I did before

2 Likes

Yeah. Her days of dominance are largely over now but she remains a good hybrid anyway.

1 Like