Dinosaur of the Day #129 - Tragodistis

Rarity: Legendary.
Metahub Tier: Apex.
Health: 3990.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 124.
Defence: 40%
Critical chance: 5%

Created using DNA from: Amargocephalus and Parasaurolophus..

Greater Stunning Strike.
Long Invulnerability.
Rampage.
Superiority Strike.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

2 Likes

Not a bad hybrid but personally I don’t think it is as good as many think. I prefer Ankyntrosaurus as it has a better range of useful abilities. The two swap in and out of my team frequently but always go back to Anky.

1 Like

Aka #1 hawtest profile pic in the game!! Tragod was my first and most loyal legendary friend.

1 Like

Defense is 40%, not 50%.

2 Likes

I’ve used her for a bit, named her ‘Squid’, I don’t really like her all that much, I preferred my other early tank Stegodeus, who I named ‘Boris’, these things are annoying to battle against tho, it seems like it’s stun always lands on me :C

1 Like

Used for a while, and wasn’t too bad. I don’t personally see it as such a great hybrid as others do, and they usually go down fairly easy. Just very slowly.

1 Like

Thanks. Rushed typing. :slight_smile:

I would argue best tank in the game?

Good counter from Indom and Erlidom, only minor problem is the lack of HP but easily sort that after 1.7 and stat boosts

1 Like

Still using this on my Team at Lvl28 and does okay compared to other dinos.

I have kept it on my team for following reasons:

• My Erlidom counter with 40% armor and Invincibilty shield.
  • A Counter attack of 25% (backed with Armor reducing damage) helps me take down opponent by surprise by switching to this dino!
  • Outspeeds a lot of dinos even thought it is a tank.
  • Superiority Strike able to clean distraction.

Might remove him in near future because of following:

• Average attack damage is less requiring more patience to play this dino.
  • With the chompers, this dino is loosing it’s significance of armor.
  • Many dinos now with Shield breaking attacks.
2 Likes

Personally I prefer Alanklysaurus, but it’s getting nerfed which is very anoying

1 Like

I hate fighting it with Stegod.

TraGod, one of the best counters for Utahsino

Tragodistis is great against Procerathomimus and Dracoceratops at the right level and when you play your cards right. Mine is Lvl 18

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Metahub Tier: Apex Mid.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 850.
Speed: 124.

Superior Vulnerability.
Rampage.
Long Invincibility.
Greater Stunning Strike.
Minor Counter-Attack.
Immune to Vulnerability,

So, Tragodistis has seen her health and damage reduced but has gained Superior Vulnerability and an immunity to such so that isn’t too bad of a change. She isn’t too bad but under the current meta of the game I don’t think as good as she was when she first appeared. Too many chompers and bleeders for her to be as good as she was I think.

How do you think she holds up under the current meta?

She/He is underused but I love him, have it in my team at level 20. It’s good against raptors, and armor pierce. Bad against takedowns, bleed, and shield breakers. Good in steike towers, especially in pyroraptor strike, etc you know what I mean. Wish it had more Health like 4250 and 900 Damage. Prefer than stegod. Also wish it had 50 defense. Overall one of best tanks.

1 Like

Man I remember the days when tragod was op in the arena. If it came out I was like “nope game over”. Kinda miss those days, the simple days.

3 Likes

I feel like the damage nerf has put Tragod in worse position than prior to the changes.

Vulnerability isn’t a super common ability so immunity to it is pretty ‘meh’.

In terms of damage… basically against Immunes (the current meta) it is a straight nerf.

If we do the math, you lose 150 damage for every 1x damage. Tragod often got 5.5x damage (rampage stun rampage + counter attack) or so.

So that’s 750+ damage lost. Meanwhile, if you do superiority strike… you can get a bonus of ~850 (+106 for each counter-attack). Which is strictly better but makes Tragod a bit less versatile.

I’d prefer 900 I think. Then it would probably be worth it.

1 Like

Agreed. The stats here represent her at 26th level. No Legendary of that level should have a dangerous that low.

Tier: TBA.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 105.

Superior Vulnerability.
Group Decelerating Strike.
Group Taunting Shields.
Lesser Group Heal.

Resistant to speed decrease (50%), taunt (100%) and vulnerable (100%).

Tragodistis has gained a well deserved boost to health and damaged but her speed has dropped real low. She has lost her decent rampage attack though and has instead become a creature designed to keep you slowed with the occasional healing. Seems like an odd change to Tragodistis really. I think she has lost some of that usefulness that she had and probably won’t see a lot of use now in the Arena.

However, saying that, Tragodistis does seem like she could be an okay support option for Raids as she can slow the opposition and keep them focused on her while the rest of the team get on with the damage dealing.

What are your thoughts on Tragodistis after the recent updates and how would you use her now?

it’s just fine