Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #130 - Triceratops

3 Likes

Some info on the Trike in the Jurassic franchise

This was initially posted before the release of Fallen Kingdom in cinemas.

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Rare.
Metahub Tier: Survivour.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 900.
Speed: 111.
Defence: 20%
Critical chance: 5%

Decelerating Strike.
Dig In.
Greater Stunning Strike.
Swap in Stunning Strike.

Triceratops has, since launch, got better in her abilities but seen a sad decrease in health, damage and speed. Originally she was very much a stun based creature but since then the changes have given her a slowing attack to be a more rounded option. Dig in also helping with her survivability which is probably why we saw a stat drop.

As an iconic dinosaur I do think she should have better stats, but at least she is more viable for longer in the lower Arena levels than she used to be. Unfortunately though, I think she remains a DNA farm for Stegoceratops.

What are your thoughts on Triceratops in the game now?

1 Like

Artist Unknown

Tier: Survivour.
Health: 3300.
Damage: 1000.

Resilient Strike.
Dig In.
Greater Stunning Strike.
Swap in Stunning Strike.

Triceratops has lost a lot of health but gained a better more average damage. Her abilities have not really changed with the exception that she is now a resilient creature. Her usefulness has improved as a means of dealing with dodgers but you’ll probably need to put some boosts into her speed to make it worthwhile. I still feel that she should have better stats though. Triceratops will still see some use early on, the lack of decent stats and the drive towards hybrids will see her retired as a DNA farm for Stegoceratops.

I don’t think Triceratops is good for Raid battles but she certainly has a place in the right tournament though if you ask me.

What are your thoughts on Triceratops after recent updates and how would you use her now?

2 Likes

Plz help the poor ceratopsians

2 Likes

They do need something to improve them. How would you do it? @Gem_Aqua?

1 Like

As with all the swap in stunners, she exists almost entirely to be a nuisance to other players. She’s good for tournaments, but is really best used against a heavily armored creature with low HP, or as a surprise attacker.

1 Like

Here’s how I would like the average ceratopsian to be like.

1 Like

This makes the ceratopsians useful not just when they swap in but after.

1 Like

Interesting. Why fierce and not resilient like they currently are?

1 Like

Well I think there are too many resilient dinosaurs and making them fierce gives them more of an offensive edge.

I agree as well that there are far far too many resilient creatures in the game.

3 Likes

Triceratops needs to have some use in the tournaments, not some woolly bully

I think tournaments are where she is best. I know there are some who don’t like swappers but swap teams can be great for those environments.

1 Like

unfortunately, trike is not in a good position right now. that hp pool is tiny.

1 Like

I was thinking it needs more health and a bit of resistances

1 Like

Tier: Alpha - Low.
Health: 3300.
Damage: 1000.

Resilient Strike.
Dig In.
Greater Stunning Strike.
Swap in Stunning Strike.

Triceratops has not changed since I last updated her entry. Interestingly though, her Tier has upgraded significantly despite no changes to her stats or abilities. Triceratops is not a bad swap-in surprise but she is in need of a health increase. A small damage increase wouldn’t hurt either. She probably needs boosts to be more effective once she has swapped in. Unfortunately though I feel that for such an iconic dinosaur, Triceratops will remain largely a DNA farm for Stegoceratops.

What are your thoughts on Triceratops after the recent update?

1 Like

As an iconic dinosaur, she could do better.

1 Like

Agreed. The big famous fan-favourites should be much better.

1 Like