Dinosaur of the Day #132 - Trykosaurus

Rarity: Unique.
Metahub Tier: Tyrant.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1600.
Speed: 108.
Defence: 30%
Critical chance: 30%

Can be created using DNA from: Ankyntrosaurus and Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Defence Shattering Rampage.
Defecen Shattering Strike.
Instant Distraction.
Instant Invincibility.
Counter Attack (.5)

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

4 Likes

An absolute beast and I want her! Just need to find a lot more Kentrosaurus to do it annoyingly.

4 Likes

Don’t want to beat the dead Monomimus here, but…

The base kit is fine.

30% crit with 30% armor AND 1600 base damage AND 0.5x counter AND 108 speed AND 4500 health is a tad bit too much.

I get it, it is a unique made of three epics and blabla… I have no objection against it being strong. But it is certainly TOO strong.

Chip away a bit of some base stat(s) and it would be fine. Currently it’s both the best tank and arguably the best chomper with no drawback of either class…

Other than that, it’s a great looking dinosaur with a fun kit. I just wished there was more skill involved playing it, cause currently it feels kinda weightless to make the right decision when it can roll over entire teams with the monstrous base stats.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

This quickly became one of my favorite dinos to use in this game… despite having weaknesses, I really like the kind of head-games that Tryko permits… I just wish I could ever find enough Kentro and Anky DNA to feed into it! I haven’t even been able to level it once so far! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

For me it’s rex. I have tons and tons on anky and kentro and a 20 ankyntro, but my rex is only 16 with enough to level it to 17

1 Like

I have it thanks to St Patty’s day, but I don’t use it and never have much trouble taking it out.

2 Likes

So it started :scream: (not mine - just saw it on facebook with the boosted health and damage)

3 Likes

I love it and I think it’s perfect the way it is.

4 Likes

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Metahub Tier: Tyrant Low.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1680.
Critical chance: 30%

Defence Shattering Strike.
Instant Distraction.
Instant Invincibility.
Medium Counter Attack.

Trykosaurus has seen little change other than a tiny increase in damage. She still remains one of the really good hybrid dinosaurs and well worth the creation. She has a good mix of abilities that will see her well in whichever corner of the Arena she finds herself.

Do you think she remains as good and as useful in the current game? If so or if not, what are your thoughts on this hybrid dinosaur?

4 Likes

one of the more balanced tyrant dinos. almost always worth a team slot. is versatile and does her job well.

6 Likes

Balanced, strong, versatile, and one of the few counters to the towers: definitely still one of the greats and deserving of a place on my team.

Also the reason why it’s the most used and most common Dino in the top 50

5 Likes

My baby! :heart_eyes:

I love Trykosaurus so much. I got her from the St Patrick’s Day event last year and she has never let me down. I finally worked towards leveling her up. She is currently level 26.

5 Likes

A True beatstick with nice crit and armor

6 Likes

A versatile beast, acts as a solid tank and a chomper on the field too. Have to admit that the ID-II-ID combo is really annoying on non immune creatures. Ankyntro is at level 20 currently with 390 dna, my Rex is still at level 15 with 1700 dna for now. It’s going to take a while for me to switch from fusing Indom to feed my Indo and Erlidom to using Rex for Tryko. If you have enough Anky and Kentro, this hybrid is relatively easy to make.

3 Likes

I have lots of rex, and anky isn’t too hard to come by. Just need lots and lots of kentro

2 Likes

Tier: TBA.
Health: 4200.
Damage: 1600.
Critical chance: 20%

Fierce Strike.
Resilient Impact.
Instant Invincibility Taunt.
Medium Counter Attack.

Resistant to vulnerable (50%).

Trykosaurus has lost a chunk of health, damage and some critical chance after recent updates. As for her abilities, Trykosaurus is now both fierce and resilient, which makes her more versatile for the team. Trykosaurus remains a really good hybrid with excellent damage. Her speed is the only thing that lets her down. A few boosts here and there will be make her even better.

Trykosaurus is a good Raid choice as the damage dealer and combination of fierce and resilient. She’ll do well with some support to keep her alive.

What are your thoughts on Trykosaurus after recent updates and how will you use her now?

4 Likes

Tryko fills the same role she always has on my team, to soak up damage and dish it out, only now she can survive better with her resilient move. Love watching 160+ speed magna’s die after being hit with a counter and resilient impact. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

While Pre-2.0 I thought it was good but not that good, nowadays its even better. I don’t understand why people put speed on it since it doesn’t need it, but it’s overall a good fierce resilient.

Like most big chompers, she is too slow. I get that they are meant to be as a way of balancing out the high damage but you want them getting their damage in first if you can.