Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #137 - Tyrannosaurus Rex

Tyrannosaurus Rex is a large, bipedal carnivore that lived approximately 66 to 68 million years ago during the late Cretaceous Period. It is considered to be one of the largest carnivorous dinosaurs to have ever walked the Earth and its very name means “tyrant lizard king”. It was first discovered in 1902 by Barnum Brown. 3 years later, Henry Fairfield Osborn would give this dinosaur its now iconic name.

Tyrannosaurus is believed to be one of the most aggressive and fearsome dinosaurs to walk the planet. It stood approximately 20 feet tall, was about 40 feet long from head to tail and weighed approximately 7 tons. It is believed this dinosaur feasted on large herbivorous dinosaurs. The T- Rex—as it is commonly referred to—had an deadly bite. It had a minimum bite force of at least 12,000 pounds and could eat over 500 pounds of meat in one bite.

The T Rex is not only known for its size and aggressive nature, but is also known for its very tiny hands. Scientists don’t currently know how the Tyrannosaurus used its tiny arms or what purposes it served, but there are some theories floating around. One theory states that these animals used their arms to lift themselves off of the ground after they have been knocked down during battle. Another theory stipulates that these dinosaurs used their arms to tightly grab squirming prey so they could bite them. Considering the strength of these appendages, then this theory seems to be one of the most plausible.

At the time of this writing, an interesting fact is that only about 30 Tyrannosaurus skeletons have been found around the world. Most of them have been found in the Western portion of the United States (in Montana, Texas, Wyoming and Utah), but some have also been found in Alberta and Saskatchewan Canada, and in Mongolia.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: Alpha.
Health: 4350.
Damage: 1800.
Speed: 102
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 30%

DNA can be used to create: Indominus Rex and Trykosaurus.

Defence Shattering Impact.
Defence Shattering Rampage.
Defence Shattering Strike.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

4 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

A good chomper in skill tournament.
Should ask @TheMaxx how our Queen “Roberta” can do in normal PvP.

2 Likes

I used her a lot to start with but once I got enough good hybrids, I used them and used T Rex to get Indominus and Indoraptor.

I would like to use T Rex again but I think to make her worth including now, she would need a huge speed boost.

1 Like

Rexy!!! My favorite of all time. Always will be.

2 Likes

Boosting her speed. Don’t think she’ll be on the bench any time soon.

2 Likes

Taken from Paleontology Coproliteposting.

This is, without doubt, one of my all time favorite dinosaurs, along with Giganotosaurus and Achilobator.

It’s big, it’s mean and it’s a bone crushing killing machine.

Also, with the discover of Scotty, the Canadian
T-Rex, it’s officially the biggest theropod once again.

Scotty measured for 42 feet (13 meters) and around 8-9 tons, making it only slightly shorter than Giganotosaurus (13.2 meters) but outclassing it with around 3 tons. It’s even heavier than the current highest estimate of Spinosaurus (7.4 tons).

5 Likes

I had not heard of a new discovery. That is quite cool.

T.rex, you shine once again!

3 Likes

The skeleton remains of Scotty has been found earlier, but noone really bothered with publishing or reconstructing it.

Only after the new size estimates (7.6-8.4 tons) of Sue (12.3 meters, previous biggest Rex) challenged the idea of Spinosaurus (with Spino getting debunked from 9-11 tons after Ibrahim’s studies) not being the biggest land carnivore anymore, as well as teeth and toe bones constantly bumping up around America suggesting 12.8-14 meters “Hyper Rexes” is when people decided to take another look at the good ol’ lad, Scotty.

And turns out, the suspicions where true that
T-Rex is even more massive than we previously thought, making it the unquestionable King of dinosaurs for the time being.

It’s worth noting that it’s unlikely they got even bigger than this, since both Sue and Scotty are exceptionally old individuals (Sue was 27 and Scotty was 30 years old when they died) for a species that lived as fast and furious as it gets.

Combine it with the fact the Tyrant lizards were known to engage in bloodthirsty combats (Wyrex lost 2/3 of its tail ripped clean off by another Rex and miraculously survived the encounter) as well as hunting some of the most dangerous herbivores the planet has ever seen (Ankylosaurus and Triceratops).

Most died around 10 meters of length or so.

Fun fact, Scotty is basically Rexy-Roberta from the Jurassic series. Rexy is 45 feet long and measures around 9 tons. Scotty almost perfectly fits that size, which is kinda cool.

4 Likes

Behold, the queen of the dinosaurs
(or king however you want to say it)

1 Like
1 Like

2 Likes

Yay! I’ve missed your pictures! :slight_smile:

:^)

1 Like

2 Likes