Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #138 - Tyrannosaurus Rex Gen 2

JWA_Profile_Magnapyritor_result

Tyrannosaurus Rex is a large, bipedal carnivore that lived approximately 66 to 68 million years ago during the late Cretaceous Period. It is considered to be one of the largest carnivorous dinosaurs to have ever walked the Earth and its very name means “tyrant lizard king”. It was first discovered in 1902 by Barnum Brown. 3 years later, Henry Fairfield Osborn would give this dinosaur its now iconic name.

Tyrannosaurus is believed to be one of the most aggressive and fearsome dinosaurs to walk the planet. It stood approximately 20 feet tall, was about 40 feet long from head to tail and weighed approximately 7 tons. It is believed this dinosaur feasted on large herbivorous dinosaurs. The T- Rex—as it is commonly referred to—had an deadly bite. It had a minimum bite force of at least 12,000 pounds and could eat over 500 pounds of meat in one bite.

The T Rex is not only known for its size and aggressive nature, but is also known for its very tiny hands. Scientists don’t currently know how the Tyrannosaurus used its tiny arms or what purposes it served, but there are some theories floating around. One theory states that these animals used their arms to lift themselves off of the ground after they have been knocked down during battle. Another theory stipulates that these dinosaurs used their arms to tightly grab squirming prey so they could bite them. Considering the strength of these appendages, then this theory seems to be one of the most plausible.

At the time of this writing, an interesting fact is that only about 30 Tyrannosaurus skeletons have been found around the world. Most of them have been found in the Western portion of the United States (in Montana, Texas, Wyoming and Utah), but some have also been found in Alberta and Saskatchewan Canada, and in Mongolia.

Rarity: Rare.
Metahub Tier: Omega.
Health: 4350.
Damage: 1700.
Speed: 104
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 20%

DNA can be used to create: Tyrannolophosaur.

Defence Shattering Impact.
Armour Piercing Rampage.
Defence Shattering Strike.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

4 Likes

Not so dissimilar to it’s primary sister that it is worth fielding if you don’t have a high enough Tyrannosaurus Rex. The main difference being you lose shield breaking on the basic attack.

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Metahub Tier: Beta.
Damage: 1800.

Defence Shattering Strike.
Defence Shattering Impact.
Armour Piercing Rampage.

Tyrannosaurus Rex Gen 2 have improved slightly with a boost to damage but otherwise remains the same. Just like her Epic rarity sister she is a great choice with fair health and a lot of damage. My only disappointment is with her Armour Piercing attack which I would prefer was another shield/armour breaker combo. For me this is her only weakness. I like her but she is soon replaced by either her Epic twin or her hybrid, Tyrannolophosaur. Even so, I do still occasionally see her in the Arena but nowhere as frequent as she used to be.

What are your thoughts on this dinosaur in the current era of the game?

1 Like

Run her on my team ever since I unlocked her and she’s never let me down. Love her even more when she hits the surprise crits which is basically an insta-kill on a rampage. Working on boosting her up at the moment, but she’s my main win condition if I don’t draw my epic Rex on the team. Only thing I would change is the spawn; really tough to get enough Rex G2 DNA when it only appears on Fridays. Maybe they should rotate the daily dinosaurs so the daily spawns aren’t permanently confined to that day?

1 Like

Artist Unknown

Tier: TBA.

Fierce Strike.
Fierce Shattering Impact.
Armour Piercing Rampage.

Tyrannosaurus Rex Gen 2 has seen no change to her stats and other than becoming a fierce creature, her abilities have not changed either. She is still a good and up and coming choice before you find your Epic Tyrannosaurus Rex, but she will be left out to pasture before too long. Like her Epic sister I feel that she needs a better speed and to have some distraction resistance. These days she seems to be in high demand as a DNA farm for Indominus Rex Gen 2 and that is probably her role in the game now.

Her Epic sister is a better choice in Raids but I suppose Tyrannosaurus Rex Gen 2 could do the job in a pinch if she had a few boosts to back her up. I think she is a better option for the right tournament though.

What are your thoughts on Tyrannosaurus Rex Gen 2 after the recent updates and how would you use her now?

2 Likes

Good enough to beat Mortem, right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Absolutely! :grinning:

1 Like

Basically Rex but as a rare

1 Like

Tier: Alpha - Low.

Fierce Strike.
Fierce Shattering Impact.
Armour Piercing Rampage.

Tyrannosaurus Rex Gen 2 has not changed since I last updated her entry. She comes a close second in power to her Epic sister but still just as good. In the same way Tyrannosaurus Rex Gen 2 needs a small speed increase. I have noticed that recently she seems to be being played a bit more often in the Arena further up than I would have expected which is a surprise. I would have expected her to be a DNA farm this point and little else.

What are your thoughts on Tyrannosaurus Rex Gen 2 after the recent update?

My favourite from the two rexes. I wish it was little different from the epic variant. Maybe if Trex gen 2 was more raid oriented with group attacks.

1 Like