Dinosaur of the Day #140 - Utarinex

Rarity: Unique.
Metahub Tier: Apex.
Health: 3600.
Damage: 1550.
Speed: 126
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 10%

Can be created by using DNA from: Utahsinoraptor and Dracorex.

Distracting Impact.
Instant Charge.
Rampage and Run.
Slowing Strike.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

2 Likes

I like it but I like Utasinoraptor better.

2 Likes

Hopefully I am not so far off adding this to the collection. I don’t think I have ever faced it though not in the Arena or a Strike Tower so I can’t comment on how good it is.

I faced it once when making a friendly battle against beaver, My Ouranosaurus was lucky to not get stunned and killed it in 2 blows (the ss got a crit)

1 Like

Same here! I really don’t like the look of Utarinex, really seems like a downgrade regardless of what its stats say…

Players were raving about Utarinex at one point and now no one seems to bother with it. It isn’t the sort of dinosaur I would use though so I think it’ll just be a nice part of the collection once I complete it.

Use this sweetheart all day long and will be with me as long as i play this game.

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Metahub Tier: Apex Mid.
Health: 3750.
Damage: 1550.
Speed: 126
Critical chance: 10%

Decelerating Strike.
Rampage and Run.
Distracting Impact.
Instant Charge.

Utarinex has seen a boost in Health and a small charge to her slowing attack. Damage is good on this hybrid and an assortment of good abilities make her a possible option. However, I have a feeling that she has been replaced by a newer hybrids as she doesn’t seem to show up all that often anymore.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the game now?

Used to love using it, Still on my team due to its lvl and that it can make thor’s cry and annoy Tryko’s. Sadly all the creatures running around with immunity to stuns and distractions put it in a similar situation to dilorach.

2 Likes

Utahsinoraptor just seems better. I see a lot of people levelling it up and boosting it instead of Utarinex.

1 Like

I can’t disagree that at all. Utahsinoraptor has a good use which I don’t think Utarinex has these days.

2 Likes

I remember the days I would dread when my opponent sent out Utarinex. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My Utarinex tends to play mind games with the Trykos, stalling for as long as possible before swapping out into either Kapro or Carnotarkus.

1 Like

Tier: TBA.
Damage: 1600.
Speed: 128
Critical chance: 20%

Cunning Strike.
Rampage and Run.
Dist4racting Impact.
Instant Charge.

Resistant to damage over time (50%), distraction (50%), stun (75%) and swap prevention (34%).

Utarinex has lost health but gained damage, speed and critical chance. Doesn’t seem to change her too much though. Her abilities have not really changed except rather than slowing on her default attack she is now cunning. Utarinex retains a good set of abilities and remains a small nuisance in the Arena. I still feel that other newer hybrids have probably replaced her for the most part but she does still seem to see some use in the Arena although not as much as before the 2.0 update.

I have yet to see Utarinex used in Raid battles so I don’t know whether she is especially good or bad for them, but much like the Arena I think there are better hybrid options. Depends on the boss I suppose though.

What are your thoughts on Utarinex after the recent update and how would you use her now?

1 Like

I have only just completed her myself due to the lack of Dracorex DNA.

Mine is halfway to lvl 30 due to lack of rare draco DNA, she used to be my go to for hard countering creatures like Thor and Tentontorex and spyx pre 2.0 . However the sheer amount of creatures with resilient moves or stun resistances forced me to retire her from my team :cry:

1 Like

5F65E102-DD71-498B-9E08-886C6F713057

Created using DNA from Dracorex and Utahsinoraptor.

Tier: Elite - High.
Damage: 1600.
Speed: 128.
Critical chance: 20%

Cunning Strike.
Rampage and Run.
Distracting Impact.
Instant Charge.

Resistant to damage over time (50%), reduced damage (50%), stun (75%) and swap prevention (34%).

Utarinex has not changed since I last updated her entry. She is a good hybrid and one that I see quite often in the Arena where she is quickly frankly a pain to deal with. She’s slightly too fast, can instant stun, distract and has the means to one shot a lot of creatures. This is what makes her so good but it does make her a real nuisance to face if you haven’t got the right counter.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen her in Raid battles which I find slightly odd as I would have figured she had the potential to be quite good. Instead, she seems to be focused on the Arena instead, which seems to be her niche.

What are your thoughts on Utarinex after the recent update?

1 Like

Tier: Elite - High.
Damage: 1650.
Speed: 128.
Defence: 10%
Critical chance: 25%

Cunning Strike.
Rampage and Run.
Distracting Impact.
Instant Charge.

Resistant to damage over time (50%), reduced damage (75%), stun (75%) and swap prevention (34%).

The 2.9 update has given more of a buff to Utarinex than she perhaps needed. Damage and critical percentage have gone up just slightly. Her resistance to damage reduction has seen a nice increase. Utarinex is already a nuisance to face but these buffs won’t change her too much I don’t think. She’ll remain largely the she has been.

1 Like

She has 10% armour now

1 Like

Thanks. Slip of the keyboard.