Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #143 - Wuerhosaurus

Wuerhosaurus ‭(‬Wuerho lizard‭) is currently the latest surviving known member of the stegosaur group.‭ ‬In being so,‭ ‬the temporal range of these kinds of dinosaurs has been significantly extended up to the middle Cretaceous,‭ ‬forty-five million years after their Jurassic heyday.

Unfortunately Wuerhosaurus is only represented by partial remains,‭ ‬making accurate reconstruction of this stegosaurid problematic.‭ ‬The dorsal plates were initially conceived as being ‘‬flat‭’ ‬at the top as opposed to pointed like in so many of the others of the group,‭ ‬but further research has suggested that they were simply broken,‭ ‬giving the false impression that they were flattened.‭ ‬It has also been presumed that Wuerhosaurus possessed a thagomizer like other Stegosaurids,‭ ‬but analysis has suggested that the single spike recovered may have in fact projected from the shoulder.

The hips appear to be even wider than other stegosaurids in what is thought to accommodate a larger digestive area.‭ ‬The head is also carried lower to the ground for low browsing,‭ ‬implying that Wuerhosaurus carried the characteristic stegosaurid morphology to even greater extremes than its predecessors.‭ ‬Wuerhosaurus was also moderately sized for its kind with the type species,‭ ‬W.‭ ‬homheni being the larger at an estimated length of up to seven meters,‭ ‬with W.‭ ‬ordonsensis being smaller at an estimated length of up to five meters.

Some paleontologists consider Wuerhosaurus to be synonymous with the more well-known Stegosaurus.‭ ‬The problem here is that Stegosaurus is known only until the Tithonian of the Jurassic,‭ ‬and is also from a completely different geographical location.‭ ‬These too reasons are often justified as enough cause to isolate two similar animals into a separate genus for each,‭ ‬but as is often the case,‭ ‬only new and more complete fossil material would be enough to prove either theory without doubt. It is not completely out of the question that Wuerhosaurus could have been a late surviving descendant of Stegosaurus.

starfinder

Rarity: Rare.
Metahub Tier: Alpha.
Health: 4800.
Damage: 1400.
Speed: 115
Defence: 20%
Critical chance: 5%

Instant Distraction.
Superiority Strike.
Thagomizer

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

2 Likes

Actually not a bad dino in strikes and friendly battles. It has Indoraptor level attack, and can ID big blows. I hope he gets a hybrid.

1 Like

I have never used it a I don’t have enough DNA for it and I prefer Tuojinagosaurus.

The last Dino of the original DotD

2 Likes

Hopefully you make profiles about the new hybrids

2 Likes

The new ones will start tomorrow

3 Likes

Oh God…

I actually got scared there.

Scared? I’m not that bad am I? :wink:

1 Like

I’ve never paid ‘WooooHooo-saurus’ much attention, I’ve always preferred purple Stego out of the 2 rare stegos.

1 Like

It feels like this was forever ago, but this was my first favorite dino - the perfect answer to Raptor Meta! :joy:

I’m still waiting for it to get the Hybrid treatment and then ring in the new era of tank meta…

1 Like

most commonly found spawning here:

4 Likes

It took me forever to get Wuerhosaurus for some reason and now again when I need rare DNA for a daily mission I see who on my Alliance will help me out.

Metahub Tier: Alpha Low.
Health: 4800.
Damage: 1400.
Defence: 20%

Superiority Strike.
Thagomizer.
Instant Distraction.

Wuerhosaurus has not changed at all. Unfortunately I think she’s really weak and does not stand up to the other stegosaurids especially her fellow Rare Tuojiangosaurus. The only reason I can see to take this dinosaur is because her DNA helps create a hybrid, Carnotarkus, which is a much better option in my opinion.

What are your thoughts on this dinosaur in the current game?

1 Like

Not particularly good, but still one of my top priority dinos because of Carnotarkus.

1 Like

That is the problem. It just isn’t very good at all. Stats are okay but it needs something other than Instant Distraction. Tuojiangosaurus works because it has a nice swap in ability that often helps, but Wuerhosaurus has nothing new going for it. Maybe swap Instant Distraction for something defensive like Instant Invulnerability?

1 Like

Imo Wuerho’s better than Tuojiango. She has 300 more HP, 20% armor, 300 more damage and 3 higher speed. Sure, Tuojiango’s better against chompers thanks to 2 turn distraction, but overally she seems worse. Stegosaurids are supposed to counter speedsters and Wuerho is just better against them

1 Like

Testacornibus-icon
Artist Unknown

Tier: TBA.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1000.
Defence: 25%

Resilient Strike.
Group Decelerating Rampage.
Taunting Bellow.

Wuerhosaurus has lost health and damage which seems strange. She has also had a bit of a revamp with her abilities. While they are essentially the same abilities you could say that his is arguably an improvement but I’ll leave that up to you. I’m not sure where sit with that yet. She is definitely an anti-speedster creature now as all three attack modes slow the opposition. I still think she is a little weak as it makes her a one trick pony.

I don’t think she is a good Raid choice. Not enough damage although she could keep the opposition slowed almost permanently if the rest of your team can keep her alive, but I’d look elsewhere.

What are your thoughts on Wuerhosaurus after the recent updates and how would you use her now?

2 Likes

For an exclusive, she needs to be a bit better. She’s certainly lacking something now.

1 Like

JWA_Profile_Magnapyritor_result

Tier: Beta.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1000.
Defence: 25%

Resilient Strike.
Group Decelerating Rampage.
Taunting Bellow.

Wuerhosaurus has not changed since I last updated her entry. She is another creature that I am not sure about these days. Wuerhosaurus continues to feel like a one trick pony being all about that slowing of the opposition. I feel that she needs something to improve herself a little bit, but I can’t really say what. As it stands, Wuerhosaurus is most likely just a DNA farm for Carnotarkus, if you can get her DNA from somewhere.

What are your thoughts on Wuerhosaurus after the recent update?

1 Like