Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #147 - Elasmotherium

my wife wholeheartedly and pointedly agrees.

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Rare.
Metahub Tier: Beta.
Health: 3630.
Damage: 1100.
Speed: 108
Defence: 30%
Critical chance: 5%

Defensive Stance.
Definite Rampage.
Rending Attack.

Elasmotherium has seen a decrease in health and damage but otherwise remains the same as she was. I think she has the same problem as Brontotherium in that her first action probably has to be defensive although I get that that is the schtik these cenozoic beasts have. Rending Attack is okay but you most likely want to be faster than the opposition or be able to guess right what their move is likelyto be. However, once you get past that initial defense Elasmotherium has the potential to deal a decent amount of damage and one which goes through any defence. Even so, I don’t think she is especially attractive for a team build. Instead I think she is benched in favour of her DNA being farmed for her two awesome hybrids, Brontolasmus and Mammotherium.

What are your thoughts on this cenozoic creature in the current game?

Edit: recorded to make more sense.

1 Like

Metahub Tier: Beta.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 1500.

Defensive Stance.
Definite Impact.
Rending Attack.

The recent 1.14 update raised her Health and Damage but replaced Definite Rampage with Definite Impact. As with Brontolasmus and Brontotherium, I don’t think it makes a huge difference. Damage is still good and she still goes through any defences.I think it is perhaps a chance to balance the creature out a bit more.

What are your thoughts on these changes?

Artist Unknown

Tier: Alpha Low.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1300.

Shielded Taunting Strike.
Resilient Impact.
Taunting Rampage.

Resistant to speed decrease (100%).

Elasmotherium has seen an increase in health but a decrease in damage. Otherwise her stats remain the same. In her abilities she is not so different now, with only rending attack being replaced by a rampage. I think she remains good for a Rare creature although she could be better. Rampage is nice but she could do with an anti-armour attack instead I think.

Elasmotherium might be playable in easy Raids but I think better options will leave her unused in general.

What are your thoughts on Elasmotherium after 2.0 and how would you use her now?

Tier: Alpha - High.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1250.

Shielded Taunting Strike.
Resilient Impact.
Taunting Rampage.

Resistant to speed decrease (100%).

Since I last updated her entry Elasmotherium has seen an unfortunate, if small, drop in damage. She otherwise remains the same as before. Elasmotherium is a good creature but she could be better and is easily replaced later on. For now, she’s good for the lower part of the Arena and for certain tournaments. Personally though, I think she serves better as a DNA farm for her two hybrids: Brontolasmus and Mammotherium.

What are your thoughts on Elasmotherium after the recent update?

I think that Elasmotherium is a pretty good choice for rare tourneys. It’s a good mix between a tank and a damage dealer and can hold her own even in Rare Hybrid Tournaments. She’s more defensive than her two hybrids. Speaking of which, she’s also good for grinding and creating her hybrids, especially Mammotherium. That thing is a beast. Overall, I’d say she is pretty useful. Though I do miss the old Elasmotherium. Wonder if they will put Defensive Stance back in the game

2 Likes