Lythronax

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: Apex.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 1100.
Speed: 110.
Defence: 0%
Critical Chance: 5%

Created using DNA from: Carnotaurus and Purusaurus.

Cleansing Strike.
Instant Distraction.
Long Protection.
Precise Rampage.
Greater Rending Counterattack.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

3 Likes

Thoughts on this one? I love it! I have mine to 17th right now and if I can get some more Purusaurus DNA I plan to level higher as I think even as an Epic this is worthwhile.

It is one of my favorite Dino’s. Between me and the wife the short hand for purutaurus is the puppy. Because of the way it bounces around while being fused.

But it’s move set is a very nice balanced one. Good defense with the shield and the counter attack. And distraction.

Great offense with the counter and precise rampage. And cleanse.

Just all around awesome

1 Like

I keep seeing this guy where I am (Lockwood/Ruins). Really good for an epic, and I definitely want to get this guy on my team soon.

1 Like

The final profile: Prowler

It’s really undervalued. 1100 damage with that counterattack. Hits like a truck when something has been health boosted.

1 Like

Love it always liked Carno but he wasn’t useful unlike this hybrid, have mine on my team currently level 20.

1 Like

I have mine at 18 because I’m afraid to over level too high after the monomimus debacle. But man this thing is so good even under team level

Shuts down tanks and bleeders so well

2 Likes

My favorite 1.7 creature, literally the only good thing the update brought.

I really dig the concept of the Rending Counter! It has certainly irked me in some PVP matches and really caught me off-guard; sadly, I wasn’t able to amass enough Purusaurus DNA to take it very far…

1 Like

Cool looking Dino too. :slight_smile:

I have yet to see any in the wild on it’s migration day so it’s going to be on the bench a for awhile.

1 Like

Around 1.7 release time I did see and capture two but I have not seen any wild Purutaurus since. :frowning:

Im using a lvl 16 currently on my team, and IT IS A BEAST against tanks and chompers, and sometimes even to Yoshi. And it fits well in the Apex tier

1 Like

Limited edition drawing in 3, 2, 1…

Ta da!

2 Likes

I never lost a single battle when opponent used it. Friendly or arena.
Because i’m using uniques/tyrant? Maybe… but i faced some opponents using it at higher level, like my proceratho and suchotator, i won anyway. Dont know why, maybe people need time to master its characteristics.
:thinking:

same for smilodon, marsupial lion… all seem scary, but at the end tryko, thor, dracocera, indo, erlido, proceratho, indominus, sucho, etc… do the job.

purutaurus maybe better for mid arenas. needs a unique, also smilodon.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

She does ok in aviary for me so far.

2 Likes

I’m kinda on the fence with this one, on one side, YAY! a Carno hybrid! On the other side, why couldn’t it have Carno’s theropod(?) Frame? Why’d it have to use Indoraptor’s frame? Not saying the design is bad, cause it’s actually one of my favorites, but I kinda wished Carno’s first hybrid looked like a Carnotaurus and not a Indoraptor clone.

Nevertheless, it’s a beast in both strike towers and the arena (even tho I’ve never used it in the arena).

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: Apex Low.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 110.
Defence: 0%
Critical Chance: 5%

Cleansing Strike.
Precise Rampage.
Long Protection.
Instant Distraction.
Greater Rending Counter.
No Escape.

Purutaurus has seen a small drop in damage plus the addition of No Escape. I still really like this hybrid and I think it is one of the better balanced ones. She presents good damage, protection and distraction. The addition of No Escape is nice but I keep forgetting every time I face her that she has it as in my head she isn’t a “crocodilian” and catches me out a lot.

I think she has great potential for these little weekend tournaments and for a good part of the Arena. I have never got above Aviary to see whether she still sees play at the top level but I guess not. Purutaurus is certainly one of the hybrids that I would recommend completing if you can. She has a nice hybrid as well, in Carnotarkus, but out of the two I think I perfer Purutaurus.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the current game?

3 Likes

Really love her, but I still don’t understand why she got No Escape but Carnotarkus didn’t. Considering how hard it is to get Wuerho, you’d think she’d get it too.

But back to Purutaurus. Very good dino, No Escape is very useful to have around.

2 Likes