Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day # 155 - Smilocephalosaurus

Made from DNA from: Smilodon and Pachycephalosaurus.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 3690.
Damage:1500.
Speed: 127.
Defence: 0%
Crit: 5%

Precise Pounce.
Rampage and Run.
Deliberate Prowl.
Evasive Strike.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

4 Likes

You know, if I didn’t keep getting Alanqa in 75% of 8-hour incubators, I might have had enough to get this hybrid.

Overall, looks like it has potential, but with Pachy being stuck behind a higher arena incubator with a 1/3 chance of receiving a small amount, plus a level 20 minimum sanctuary limit… I doubt that many people will ever get to use one properly.

2 Likes

Thats a pretty good set of stats, but the 2 moves with its mechanics just got nerfed, Im kinda leaning over to No. But with that R&R and SIA Stun, it makes me think otherwise… Idk…

1 Like

It certainly looks promising for sure, but yes, getting the dna for it wont b easy

1 Like

Pachy is hard to obtain

1 Like

Agreed. It has been almost impossible to get since its release.

Considering how hard it is to collect Pachycephalosaurus DNA, does anyone think that Smilocephalosaurus will be worth the hunt to complete it or are there better options?

I leveled Smiley to 18 thinking it might get a unique, otherwise I could likely get it into the low 20s. I dont think ultimately it has enough going for it to crack high end teams

1 Like

It looks a gebril with severe mite infestation going on.

That alone is a NO from me.

1 Like

it looks like an armadillo

It hard counters the rat if predicted correctly and youre lucky, so theres that…

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Tier: Apex Mid.
Health: 3600.
Damage:1400.

Evasive Strike.
Deliberate Prowl.
Precise Pounce.
Rampage and Run.
Swap in Stun.
Immune to Stuns.

Smilocephalosaurus has seen a small drop in both health and damage, plus the addition of a swap in stun and the immunity to stun. She was already a good hybrid and this makes her better. At one point Pachycephalosaurus was very hard to get but anyone who has been playing over the last six months probably has more than enough to create Smilocephalosaurus. She sees a fair bit of use in certain corners of the Arena and she is worth collecting the DNA for her hybrid Smilonemys.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the current game?

Smilocephalosaurus-icon

Tier: TBA.
Health: 3900.
Damage:1400.

Evasive Strike.
Deliberate Prowl.
Precise Pounce.
Rampage and Run.
Swap in Stun.

Resistant to distraction (50%) and stun (100%).

Smilocephalosaurus has seen and increase in health but otherwise, stats and abilities, remains unchanged. I maintain that she is a really good hybrid and one certainly worth going after if you can get enough Pachycephalosaurus DNA from somewhere. Saying that though, I don’t see her anywhere near as often in the Arena as I used to. Has she become a staple for the higher levels now and less so below?

Smilocephalosaurus is definitely a good Raid choice. While she has no team abilities, she does have decent enough stats, damage especially, and abilities to be very worthwhile. If team mates can keep her alive, Smilocephalosaurus should do well.

What are your thoughts on Smilocephalosaurus after the recent updates and how would you use her now?

1 Like