Dinosaur of the Day #155 - Tryostronix

Rarity: Legendary.
Metahub Tier: Apex.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 1150.
Speed: 124.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 20%

Can be created using DNA from: Baryonyx and Postimetrodon.

Armour Piercing Strike.
Defence Shattering Rampage.
Ferocious Strike.
Ready to Crush.
Immunity.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

4 Likes

I’d love to level this one up a bit more but Baryonyx just isn’t appearing around here all that often anymore (not that it really was anyway). Tryo is a good hybrid but I think it needs a few levels under her belt to make her really useful.

I still have her on my team, but she’s mostly just a throwaway dino now till I replace her. I use her as my starting dino as her revenge kill technique usually fails on me now since she gets outmatched in speed from most dinos.

1 Like

I really like the idea of revenge dinos, but I have perpetually wished Tryostronix had more health… perhaps with stat boosters she’ll find a way back on my team, but for now Gorgosuchus remains on top.

1 Like

I’m still not convinced by dinosaurs with Ready to Crush. Why waste a turn doing nothing when you could be chomping right away?

I find RTC useful against creatures such as Tryko…but I rarely use it in any other scenario.

3 Likes

honestly i feel that this a very great dino.

So this was closed then opened? Weird. But anyways, I think Tryo is pretty good. Especially when the planets align and you can use RTC then Ferocious Strike to then use a really damaging Rampage.

2 Likes

All sorted and good to go again. Going to be a little while before I get to updating this one but will love to see people’s thoughts on her. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love him. Easily within my top 5 of favorite hybrids in-game. He’s my little Druid :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Interesting. May I ask why Druid?

It’s perfect when the following happens.
Opponent uses Tryko to finish your Dino on its first move and you bring your Tryostinix in. They use instant invincibility expecting your FS, but instead you use RTC. Your next move is FS and it pretty much takes it out , but failing that the next shot finishes their Tryko, and your rampage will almost certainly take their next Dino out whatever it is!

5 Likes

Why he’s in my top 5 favorites or why the name Druid? Oh heck might as well answer both :smiley:

I really love his design a lot (I know design doesn’t matter to many people but to me designs are one of my favorite aspects of the game) and he’s saved me a lot in some tough battles. As for the name; ‘Druid’ sounded cool to me and it just kinda stuck with me.

It was Druid that I was curious about. Thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

One of my favorites! I’ve had her on my team for months. With the old boost system I think I had her at 5-6-5. On boosts 2.0 she’s 3-3-4. Great against Tryko and all other tanks. Not so great against Magna because Magna is always faster.

On the old boost system she soloed all epic strikes, usually one-shotting each dino.

6 Likes

My best team member. I call him Unstoppable Beast! Immunity, 100% ferocity, and 50% critical chance crushes through mostly everything from Draco to Gigaspika. Oh and by the way, I don’t agree with you Colin Goodman. Ready to Crush is VERY USEFUL! For example, my Tryostronix faces Miragaia on Lvl 23 boosted. He does Shielded Deccelerating Strike; I do Ready to Crush and avoid his counter attack. Again, Shielded Deccelerating Strike. Then a critical Defense Shattering Rampage takes the dude out. And Unstoppable Beast is the victor! Get what I mean?

2 Likes

Ready to Crush is also GREAT against Trykosaurus! :grin: I found that out a few months ago with a mis-click. I accidentally selected RTC instead of Ferocious Strike, so when I hit DSR for my next turn I one-shotted the Tryko.

3 Likes

I love it! It van bite 5080 at lvl19 with +100% damage and critical! With speed boost this beast is broken!!! <3