Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #155 - Tryostronix

Back for the Saint Patrick’s Day event I chose this one purely on looks and I haven’t touched it since. :sweat:
I really wish I’d gone for Tryko

RTC is great on Tryo but people praising it have to understand it has massive risk too.

Someone said it’s great against Tryko when you predict they are going to use priority invisibility and you use RTC and basically their Tryko will be dead, it’s happened to me plenty of times and I love it. However! There’s always that moment when it happens they swap in the RAT and kill your Tryo because you wasted an opportunity, or they swap in a faster Procera to nullify you, again wasting that turn.

I still have it on my team at lvl 25, not as boosted as 1.0 obviously, but if I get something better it will be towards the top of my list to remove, mainly because it has no ability to speed up, or slow down an enemy, or has a priority move. Many times it’s a one-hit pony.

She was my first ever legendary creature! I still use her as a revenge killer. She’s pretty good with the right amount of boosts.

1 Like

I think for me, any turn you aren’t doing anything specific to the opponent, whether it be damage, slow, distraction…etc, or going defensive against an attack, isn’t a good turn. While the damage output for the following turn is great, you could loose that dinosaur or be stunned or whatever, and lose out. I guess that sounds very two dimensional thinking I guess.

Before the boost reset I used Gorgosuchus as a revenge killer. Now with a blank slate I replaced him with Tryostronix as an upgrade. Currently working towards a complete glass cannon of speed and damage boosts! Whether this is sensible or not, we’ll see!

1 Like

I thought the same but when you are facing Tryko it’ll damage you if you damage it. So RTC is a free move to increase damage and crit chance if Tryko puts up Instant invincibility.

Not that it needed it but why does tyro have armor piercing strike when literally all of its components (bary,post,dime,post dime) has defense shattering strike

2 Likes

Something to make it more viable perhaps? Although I would expect hybrids to have a combination of parent abilities, having something new isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Good point! I never thought of that.
Maybe they thought it would be too good?
Now I’m wondering if it loses any matchups due to the lack of DSS.

Love my Tryo on both my alt and main account

Main account one should be L30 before the end of the day; currently boosted 5/4/5 but now focussing on attack only. DSR with added ferocity can crit at over 6000 damage. @Colin_Goodman I too was skeptical about RTC but it is great if you are against something with a strong counter attack like Tryko, Diora or Carno … lets you charge up the big chomp without taking damage - if they have no counter then chomp away! (Edit - just noticed Schtemty already said that).

3 Likes

I have no idea why Tryostronix is A+ rank. I used it for a very long time before I hit endgame arena. It is too slow. It takes two turns to set up. It cannot hit through evasion. It sucks. In the A rank and below it’s great, but not against the tyrant squads. There are not enough dinosaurs it beats. Btw this is my favorite legendary and I level it even when I don’t use it. :slight_smile: Now if it was 129 base speed…

1 Like

Nuff said … hail the King

4 Likes

I’ve been wondering if I should level mine up, it’s a 20 now, but Dime being needed for Magna is what’s really been holding me back. Definitely a future project though.

3 Likes

Mine fully set up. This was back in August. I hope to see what she can do with her current boost levels (3-6-6).

1 Like

2 Likes