Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #158 - Diplovenator

starfinder

Made with DNA from: Concavenator and Diplotator Gen 2.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 3750.
Damage:1000.
Speed: 110.
Defence: 0%
Crit: 5%

Definite Strike.
Distracting Impact.
Distracting Rampage.
Instant Distraction.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

7 Likes

Kinda bummed out, I made this guy and I was hoping I could use him on my team. Unfortunately, he would have needed to be overleveled from what I could see, he went down really quick.

I think a well boosted one has potential.

4 Likes

I have to admit that she doesn’t look great. Really needs a decent attack mode rather than being a dedicated distraction engine.

Really want to try this when mine is team level but I definitely don’t have the boosts available for it to stand up against the chompers going mad in aviary rn :frowning:

1 Like

This thing, even though I dont have it, looks pretty decent on paper, and while it might be overwhelming with all the distracting moves, it might do good, mostly to tyrannosaurids, and if it doesnt well… all legendaries have weaknesses and strengths. Except for pteraquetzal, that thing is all bad

2 Likes

It’s meant to be a Chompers’ hard counter that’s why its speed is just above most chompers.

If it has to function properly, it has to be boosted on speed and at least on same level in attack and health to compete with chompers, and to be out of range of SI rampage.

However, Since the only meta Chomper right now is Thor and it has instant charge, that means Diplovenator will suffer 2.5X damage from Thor after 1st turn. And even after distraction, it will be in range of Draco unless it’s heavily boosted on health.

At this point it’s better off using sinoceraptor again since it needs less speed boost to outspeed boosted chompers and has armor as well as instant charge itself.

The design of instant charge and SI rampage will always constrain the variety of usable creatures until they are reworked.

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Tier: Apex Mid.
Health: 3900.

Definite Strike.
Instant Distraction.
Distracting Impact.
Distracting Rampage.
Precise Shattering Counter.
Immune to Distraction.
Immune to Stuns.

Since her first appearance I think Diplovenator has become a lot better. Not fantastic but a lot better than she was. She has seen a nice health increase plus the addition of an shield breaking counter and a couple of immunities. This really boosts her profile. Unfortunately, for a Legendary rarity I still think she falls into a specific role, that of distracting chompers and biting back. She needs to be kept boosted to really do her job these days though I think.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the current game?

3 Likes

I like Diplovenator. Very rarely, I’ll see one in library. It’s a useful dino overall, but like you say, Colin, she needs to be boosed to do her job properly.

1 Like

I would occasionally see one in Lockwood Estate and low Aviary so I think they are being played by a few people. But yeah, boosts are a must on this one.

starfinder

Tier: Apex Mid.
Health: 3900.

Definite Strike.
Instant Distraction.
Distracting Impact.
Cunning Rampage.
Precise Shattering Counter.

Resistant todistraction (100%) and stun (100%)

Diplovenator has hardly changed at all after the 2,0 update. Her stats remain the same and the only change to her abilities is distracting rampage is now a cunning attack. In general I think Diplovenator is okay as a creature in the current game but nothing too great. Distraction based creatures are just a nuisance more than anything and while she has some reasonable damage she isn’t overly great in my mind. Of course, I may be wrong.

Not convinced that Diplovenator is Raid material. She could be handy against the right threat but I can’t help but feel that other hybrids might be better options.

What are your thoughts on Diplovenator after 2.0 and how would you use her now?

1 Like

Budget Erlikospyx

1 Like