Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #159 - Dsungaia

Made with DNA from: Miragaia and Dsungaripterus.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 3000.
Damage:1350.
Speed: 125.
Defence: 15%
Crit: 5%

Ferocious Strike.
Thagomizer.
Regeneration.
Shielded Decelerating Strike
Decelerating Counter.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

8 Likes

More bad luck when creating this girl (10s, 10s everywhere)! I’m points away.

I kinda like the design though. But without Miragaia’s almost-signature counter attack? Hard pass for me. Move set isn’t anything to write home about, either.

1 Like

I was about to post that I think it is missing something and a counter attack is probably it. Just like Diplovenator, it looks nice, but seems to me to be underwhelming for a Legendary.

1 Like

@Colin_Goodman

You’re missing the Shielded Decelerating Strike and also the Decelerating Counter as a Passive :slight_smile: it does have a x1 damage counter but it isnt the armor piercing that Miragaia has :confused:

Seems unnecessary to have 3 slowing moves :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m going by the new Metahub site and they must not have it all up to date which is slightly annoying.

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

When you wish Dsungaripterus was wild

4 Likes

I really want to know what people’s experience with Dsungaia is, because I’m swimming in Miragaia DNA (relatively). No such luck with Dsungaripterus though.
I suppose you could swap it in to slow down a fast dino in a pinch, while doing some damage. Even if it gets taken out, you could use a slower heavy-hitter to clean up.

@Colin_Goodman you might have an easier time by using the JWA Field Guide App :slight_smile: @MattEllis just updated it this weekend and it’s working perfectly!

2 Likes

I really like it. If I ever have enough Dsung I’d put this hybrid in my team definitely

Probably a better idea.

1 Like

I really think this could turn out to be a hidden gem. It will require some play testing at team level or friendlies. Because it has the decel counter you can FS 1st turn and almost be assured the next attack allowing you to shield and still go 1st the next turn. I may be over optimistic on this one but I want to try it out

1 Like

I had a great experience in friendly battles with Dsungaia. I found it works best if you can use ferocious strike on the first move, especially if you’re faster, it helps make up for the lack of an armor piercing counter attack. Plus it has armor where Miragaia didn’t.

One note: This dino can be slowed down by 2 consecutive slowing moves (thagomizer/decelerating + superiority strike, etc.) as long as you stack them. Because of this, don’t rely on decelerating counter alone to keep you faster against dinos with multiple slowing moves (stegodeus, stegoceratops and so on) unless you’re willing to pair it with shielded decelerating strike. (Edit: or thagomizer)

Overall, I’m a fan of this legendary, but my arena team is too high level to use it seriously for now. The visual design is one of my favorites I’ve seen in JWA alongside Monomimus.

3 Likes

I love the design and the movekit of this dino,. I used it only in friendlies but it was great destroying erlindom and many other top dinos. Unluckily as always dsunga is tournament exclusive so it’s impossible to bring it to team lvl

1 Like

I add that the 15% armor is great in many occasion

it seem good really good if he can survive few turns,a miragaia on steroids,but he is really a chomper meat

1 Like

Ugly as heck

I love the stats, kit and believe it or not, the design. I think it really is a perfect hybrid in the sense that it gets the best out of the parents(even without the armor piercing counter, slowing counter has better utility I think). I hope it never gets changed.

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: Apex High.
Health: 3240.
Damage:1250.
Speed: 125.
Defence: 15%
Crit: 5%

Shielded Decelerating Strike.
Ferocious Strike.
Thagomizer.
Regeneration.
Decelerating Counter.

Dsungaia has changed a little since she first appeared. Health has increased while damage has dropped. I cannot believe that this hybrid is considered so high up the tiers. She doesn’t have great damage and seems to rely purely on slowing you with the occasional regenerate to keep going. Against any decent chomper she is still going down and with the amount of stun and distract out there is she going to consistent in her actions? Not to mention the amount of immune creatures higher up in the Arena.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the current game?

I was enamored with her the moment I saw her - her design was different and her moveset was fun to play with. Health was something that needed work, but her attack was fine. Wanted to level her up so badly - I loved the idea of a speed control dino in my team. But as we all know, Dsungariptarus is hard as heck to hoard, so I couldn’t level her up as constantly as everyone else.

So, alas, I had to leave her behind while I leveled up everyone else. And of course, I got so impatient, that I began grinding for Dsungariptarus DNA to level her up and begin boosting her. But of course, thanks to the attack drop (that I deem unnecessary in my opinion), I was forced to take back my boosts (which were only two or three at most thank Bob).

This may be because of me being in The Library, but I almost never see Dsungia in the arena. Is she too weak to fight? Or is it the swarms of immunities blocking her from doing what she’s supposed to do?

All in all, I’m unappreciative of the unnecessary nerf that Dsungia received. She was decent as a hybrid in the beginning, and this nerf better mean that she has a hybrid worthy of power and uniqueness in her own right.

2 Likes

I have to agree with you there. When part of the parent DNA is do hard to get a hold of it needs to have good enough stats and abilities to be worth the effort. Sadly I don’t think she is.

1 Like