Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #16 - Blue

Blue is a female Velociraptor that appears in Jurassic World and in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: Alpha.
Health: 3000.
Damage: 1150.
Speed: 131.
Defence: 10%
Critical chance: 5%

Pounce.
Short Defence.
Strike.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

3 Likes

Early on, she’s a good addition to any team, but quickly loses steam as you advance to higher arenas. You might find her in the early stages of Arena 6, but Badlands and below are where most people tend to use Blue the most.

Also, she makes up for lack of speed with the shield ability, which can buy you some time in battle. Just know whether or not your opponent can destroy the shield first. If they can, swap out Blue, then swap her back in later.

1 Like

For her rarity I think she should have better stats than the default Velociraptor. I’m not bothered by shielding on her. I want the speed and damage.

1 Like

It’s a trade-off. Sure, Blue is superior to the average raptor - the films prove that - but in the game, they needed a way to show that.

Maybe not in the best possible way, but Ludia made Blue and her squad different not only from common raptors, but also different from each other. I think that they were wanting to see how many players would create all the “Clever Girls”, and use them in battle. Since the raptor meta had been going on for a bit when they were introduced, Ludia gave us these 4 distinct raptors just to keep the meta from going stale, to keep players interested.

1 Like

Give her SIA abiltiy perhaps

1 Like

I’ve tried the “clever girl” team and it failed for me. Just wasn’t strong enough and not all that enjoyable either.

I think for me it is the rarity that bugs me. For what she is, Blue is a Rare. She only seems to be an Epic because of what she is in the films and as something for the collectors to go after.

I’m not really a huge fan of raptors (Pyroraptor, Pryitator, Utahsinoraptor and Indoraptor are all gorgeous tho) so I didn’t really ever use Blue. Not saying she’s a bad dino, but I feel like she should’ve stood out in a sense, I mean, Utahraptor has the crit strike, delta can run, echo (I believe) can nullify, Charlie also has crit strike and pyro can decrease damage but blue can…shield…i mean a SIA for her (maybe swap in defense keeping with the shields) wouldn’t be to bad. My little brother, however, adores Blue and used her all the way up until lockdown.

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Metahub Tier: Alpha High.
Health: 3030.
Damage: 1190.

Distraction.
Precise Pounce.
Short Defence.

Blue has had an update since she was added to the game. Health and damage have both gone up slightly. Precise Pounce has made Blue quite a bit more useful than she used to be, I still think though, that while she may be worthwhile mid Arena, I think she remains easily forgettable in favour of hybrids.

What do you think? Does Blue have a place in the Arena still or will she now be a DNA farm for Indoraptor Gen 2? If you do use her, how do you find she fairs these days?

I use her on my alt account. And I can see players all the way down to mt sibo know the ways of this game. Only its procerat and rat jr instead of rat and procerat.

Blue is as fast as procerat, which I forgot. Which can be a little useful for now.

1 Like

For a nonhybrid? Not bad at all.

1 Like

Let me tell you as the one who using 7/7/7 lv.27 Blue for what happened after 1.9 hit on

Erlidominus
Damage buff is still not an issue if it’s slower than Blue. Shield+P.Rampage, Done.

Erlikospyx
Erlikospyx has base health lower than Erlidominus so Blue is likely one shot it every time. But if it is faster than Blue? Well you got a serious problem.

Magnapyritor
Health buff made him harder to kill than Erlidominus. Distracting Impact still annoying as hell whener it’s slower or not.

Trykosaurus
From my experience, people don’t expect to fight Blue on high arena so they don’t know what to do and keep using instant move which giving Blue a chance.

Indoraptor G1/G2
Same case as Magnapyritor. Indoraptor’s immune to distraction take all Blue’s advantage against Indoraptor. She need to depend on shield+P.rampage and hope that her damage is enough to take it down (which likely impossible as Blue’s damage is not that impressive even boosted)

Procerathomimus
Health buff on Procerathomimus really effected Blue the most for me. They have speed tie but Procerathomimus has level advantage as it’s easier to level up. Now it has more Health. It used to be mind game before as I need to predict what an opponent will use (Instant Distraction, Evasive stance) now it’s just one side massacre.

Thoradolosaur/Tenontorex/Ardentismaxima/Geminititan/
In 1 on 1 situation - Useless.

in conclusion. Health buff on Erlidominus, Magnapyritor, Procerathomimus really take Blue down from the seat in high arena such as Aviary and so on.

What I want to speak is… Please buff Blue too. At least give her special immunity like; immune to distraction or immune to deceleration and she’s good

2 Likes

She’s not meant to be viable in higher arenas and be fighting those dinos though. For her place down in lower arenas, I’d say she’s one of the best.

1 Like

Just booted her of the team, sadly there are just better dinosaurs that could take up that dino slot.

1 Like

I suppose so. at least she used to be on equal term with Indoraptor.

I just feel bad for her for being given indirect nerf on upper arena.

I guess that we are expected to be fielding hybrids in the higher Arena levels, which is a shame.

3 Likes

Definitely a cheeky and deadly little bugger. Have used Blue a few times in tournaments and she delivers

1 Like

*Artist: Amitbaokar *

Metahub Tier: Alpha High.
Health: 3000.
Damage: 1300.

Cunning Strike.
Precise Pounce.
Short Defence.

Resistant to stun (100%)

Blue has seen a small health drop but her damage has received a very nice increase. Otherwise her stats remain unchanged following the 2.0 update. As for Blue’s abilities, she has lost distraction in favour of the better cunning strike. She also cannot be stunned now which is good. I feel that 2.0 has improved Blue to a small extent so she may remain playable a little longer.

As for Raid’s she might be an okay choice as a support or backup but again I think you can probably find better options.

What are your thoughts on Blue following the 2.0 update and how do you think she is best played now?

1 Like

With stunning immunity and the ability to withdraw Increased damage, Blue manages to do very well against Rixis and other creatures.

Undoubtedly improved a lot with the arrival of 2.0!

2 Likes