Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #16 - Blue

Blue is a female Velociraptor that appears in Jurassic World and in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: Alpha.
Health: 3000.
Damage: 1150.
Speed: 131.
Defence: 10%
Critical chance: 5%

Pounce.
Short Defence.
Strike.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

3 Likes
Dino of the day The Raptor Squad (blue charle echo deta)

Early on, she’s a good addition to any team, but quickly loses steam as you advance to higher arenas. You might find her in the early stages of Arena 6, but Badlands and below are where most people tend to use Blue the most.

Also, she makes up for lack of speed with the shield ability, which can buy you some time in battle. Just know whether or not your opponent can destroy the shield first. If they can, swap out Blue, then swap her back in later.

1 Like

For her rarity I think she should have better stats than the default Velociraptor. I’m not bothered by shielding on her. I want the speed and damage.

1 Like

It’s a trade-off. Sure, Blue is superior to the average raptor - the films prove that - but in the game, they needed a way to show that.

Maybe not in the best possible way, but Ludia made Blue and her squad different not only from common raptors, but also different from each other. I think that they were wanting to see how many players would create all the “Clever Girls”, and use them in battle. Since the raptor meta had been going on for a bit when they were introduced, Ludia gave us these 4 distinct raptors just to keep the meta from going stale, to keep players interested.

1 Like

Give her SIA abiltiy perhaps

1 Like

I’ve tried the “clever girl” team and it failed for me. Just wasn’t strong enough and not all that enjoyable either.

I think for me it is the rarity that bugs me. For what she is, Blue is a Rare. She only seems to be an Epic because of what she is in the films and as something for the collectors to go after.

I’m not really a huge fan of raptors (Pyroraptor, Pryitator, Utahsinoraptor and Indoraptor are all gorgeous tho) so I didn’t really ever use Blue. Not saying she’s a bad dino, but I feel like she should’ve stood out in a sense, I mean, Utahraptor has the crit strike, delta can run, echo (I believe) can nullify, Charlie also has crit strike and pyro can decrease damage but blue can…shield…i mean a SIA for her (maybe swap in defense keeping with the shields) wouldn’t be to bad. My little brother, however, adores Blue and used her all the way up until lockdown.

1 Like