Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #160 - Pteraquetzal

starfinder

Made with DNA from: Pteranodon and Quetzalcoatlus.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: TBA.
Health: 4050.
Damage:1000.
Speed: 104.
Defence: 0%
Crit: 5%

Decelerating Strike.
Long Protection.
Nullifying Impact.
Impact and Run.
Armour Piercing Counter.
Swap in Dodge.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

2 Likes

My favorite designed hybrid out of 1.8. Wish I could start fusing the darn thing, but my Quetzalcoatus (dunno if I spelt it right Kek) is only level 14 and I’ve ran out of DNA for it.

3 Likes

The worst legendary hybrid ever made (stat wise) good only to make quetzorion

2 Likes

Other than the 104 speed…
Pretty decent. Nice damage, good kit, good health.

1 Like

I don’t think pterosaurs have ever had good stats though. They always seem a little lackluster to me. Only Alankylosaurus was worthwhile and then only as a counter to Indominus.

2 Likes

It has nullifying impact, by the way

Fixed. Thanks.

1 Like

seem to a be a good offtank(protection,nullyfication against shield and armor piercing counterattack) and nice to include in a swapping team,could be better if the swap-in-dodge did’nt give him any dmg and maybe he should receive a minor health buff

1 Like

Still dont understand the 104 speed lolz, destroyed whole creature

well if the swap in dodge garentee him to don’t receive any dmg,it could be a free counter attack,not too bad

1 Like

Thats the thing, its 100% to STILL take 33% damage, which just plain out sucks. If this thing didnt make the Quetzorion, I wont even bother to make this, its kit is suited for an epic, the SI Dodge is useless, and its speed, its insane…-ly bad. Thats just me tho…

Edit: Tbh this hybrid would prob be the only LEGENDARY hybrid in the Scavenger Tier, if Metahub made a 1.8 Tier List. Btw they moved to Gamepress, just wanted everybody to know

1 Like

his speed doesn’t make any sense, appart from that it’s pretty good

1 Like

Now that I have this one at Lv20, I can answer this, since I’ve shoved in on my team for a bit to see what happens.

Appearance wise, pretty cool. Arena wise, pretty awful.

Low speed. Normal attack. Average kit. Poor swap-in. Seriously, if I switch it in against a Thor, it takes about 50% of the total health off. The counter is neat, but so far, only once was I able to get it to survive for more than one turn.

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Legendary.
Tier: Alpha High.
Health: 3900.
Damage:1000.
Speed: 122.
Defence: 0%
Crit: 5%

Superiority Strike.
Long Defensive Strike.
Nullifying Impact.
Impact and Run.
Armour Piercing Counter.

Pteraquetzal has changed quite a bit since she first made an appearance. To start with she has a lot less health but has become much faster. Her abilities have changed a bit too including losing her swap in dodge. Have these changes made her any better though? For my mind no. She may slow you or nullify your abilities but she doesn’t deal enough damage and any decent chomper will go straight through her.

However, recently I have seen a lot more of her being used in the Arena. Whether people are actually using her or are just getting their money’s worth while they create her hybrid Quetzorian, I don’t know.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid pterosaur in the game these days?

1 Like

I feel as though, after her nerf, Quetzorion should inherit at least a partial armour piercing counter from Pteraquetzal.

Pteraquetzal herself is pretty good, although I haven’t played much with this one. I did have her on my team for a short while, mainly because Ludia were kind enough to give me enough DNA to level her to 20 quite early after her release.

1 Like

Pteraquetzal is a pretty problematic dinosaur. I tried using it in my ‘waiting for uniques’ phase of the game.

Having counter-attack generally reduces the creature’s attacks. However, having low health and no armour means that the dino will never really get to use their counter-attack. It is a bit of a cross-purpose idea. Impact and Run is also indicative of ‘not triggering counter-attack’.

So what dinos does this dino counter? Not slowing tanks. Not chompers with health pools. Some speedsters?

I’ve always said pterosaurs are a bit weird. Their stats aren’t good enough and you might get to use it once or twice before it dies. Instead of trying to be a support creature I’d like to see a proactive pterosaur in the game.

Needs a big buff it looks cool

1 Like