Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #162 - Nasutoceratops

68850310_907846902899668_2454193387230724096_n

Nasutoceratops was the second genus of centrosaurine ceratopsian dinosaur to be discovered in the south west of the USA,‭ ‬the first genus being Diabloceratops that was named three years earlier.‭ ‬Back in the Cretaceous the South-west of what is now the USA was the southern portion of Laramidia,‭ ‬an island landmass extending‭ ‬from‭ ‬Canada all the way to Mexico,‭ ‬and isolated from Appalachia‭ (‬modern day eastern USA‭) ‬by the western interior seaway.‭ ‬It is possible that the reason why‭ ‬centrosaurine‭ ‬ceratopsian dinosaurs were not as common in southern Laramidia than they were in the North may well be because of geological barriers that prevented ceratopsian dinosaurs from spreading south.‭ ‬If correct then this would have resulted in isolated populations that may have begun evolving features differently because of a more limited gene pool.

Rarity: Rare.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 3960.
Damage: 950.
Speed: 105.
Defence: 20%
Critical chance: 5%

Decelerating Strike.
Distraction.
Greater Stunning Rampage.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

3 Likes

68850310_907846902899668_2454193387230724096_n

Adding now as I hope it’s one of the two to be escaping this weekend.

2 Likes

i want to unlock it and also allo g2

2 Likes

Incoming drawing

2 Likes

I think gamepress said it was updated to no longer have its counterattack. Could be wrong though

I really look forward to it, I think it’ll be a good asset for its rarity

Also excited for Allo G2

2 Likes

I’ve read that but at the moment all I have to go by is the Field Guide. I’ll correct if that turns out to be the case. :+1:

So, if we ignore the counter ability for now what do you think about this one? What does it bring to the game and would you use it on your team?

Personally I’m not sure yet. I’m just pleased to have another ceratopsian. :grinning:

Anyone have this yet to conform the abilities?

These are the abilities.

2 Likes

You are a :star: Thank you.

1 Like

It’s pretty cute.

5 Likes

I have still yet to see either of them despite a long walk this afternoon. Hopefully this evening I’ll find them.

Awwwwwwwww that’s adorable!

Check parks. I found two Nasutoceratops within a block of city parks. No Allo G2 in the wild yet.

1 Like

I got one in a park tonight.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I prefer the in-game one.

1 Like

this is the comparision of nasuto with triceratops which his probably the closest (in terme of rarity,kind of creature,moveset)

Nasuto lvl 10:
Health:1814
attack:435
speed:109
armor:20
crit:5

triceratops lvl 10:
health:2130
attack:527
speed:115
armor:20
crit:5

in term of skills difference is nasuto have distraction which deal 1xdmg and distract 50% ONE turn
triceratops have greater stunning impact which deal 1,5x dmg ,stun at 75% chance!

He is completly useless and underpower compare to triceratops but both are from the same family,the same rarity and at least he should shine somewhere else from triceratops but no.
He is slower,he his weaker,deal less damage,have less health and instead of him,don’t have skill which deal 1,5x dmg

2 Likes

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Rare.
Metahub Tier: Beta.
Health: 3960.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 109.
Defence: 20%
Critical chance: 5%

Long Decelerating Strike.
Distraction.
Greater Stunning Strike.
Swap in Stunning Strike.

Since Nasutoceratops wandered out of Big Rock national park last summer she has had a minor adjustment. Her damage has increased very slightly as had speed. A small adjustment to abilities and the addition of a swap in stun attack. I really want to like her but let’s be honest she is rather terrible. She has some nice abilities but her damage is just flat and not high enough and unlike her other Ceratopsian sisters, she didn’t get a Dig In ability which would have made her a tad better.

Sadly, I just don’t see her being used for anything other than a DNA farm for her hybrid Carbotoceratops. As a Rare I feel she should be a little bit better and little bit more playable.

What are your thoughts on this dinosaur in the current game?