Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #163 - Allosaurus Gen 2

68932019_1796026427196037_4430726165639987200_o

Allosaurus is a type of dinosaur called a therapod. This dinosaur lived about 155 million years ago—during the Jurassic Period—and probably lived in parts of the Western United States. It was first discovered in 1869 by Ferdinand Hayden and was later named in 1877 by Othniel Charles Marsh. It was named using the Greek words “allos”, which meant different, and “saurus” which meant lizard. Therefore, it’s name literally means “different lizard”. It was given this name because its skeleton was quite different than any other dinosaur found up until the time of its discovery.

Although most of the specimens of this dinosaur have been found in Colorado and Montana, there have been an increasing number of specimens found elsewhere. These include specimens found in New Mexico, Africa, Australia. Tanzania and parts of Europe.

This dinosaur was a large carnivorous bipedal predator that scientists believe preyed on the many herbivores of the time. This conclusion has been reached in part by the number of razor sharp teeth that can be found in this predator’s mouth. It had rows of razor sharp teeth that had saw-like formations on its edges. It is believed that the Allosaurus was able to attack larger predators with these teeth by using its upper jaw like a hatchet and attacking using the element of surprise.

One interesting fact to note is that the largest Allosaurus specimens may have rivaled the T- Rex in size. The size of the largest Allosaurus is approximately 16 feet tall, 43 feet long and weighed more up to 5 tons. This contrasts pretty well with the T- Rex who was approximately 13-16 feet tall, 42 feet long and weighed approximately 7 tons.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 4800.
Damage: 1800.
Speed: 105.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 20%

Cleansing Strike.
Defence Shattering Impact.
Rending Takedown.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

5 Likes

Stat wise Allosaurus G2 isn’t too dissimilar from it’s common sister. Attacks are different and the G2 has the potential to deal a lot more via Defence Shattering Rampage. Not sure I would say it’s worthy of Epic rarity as it feels more like a Rare to me but time will tell I guess.

Well, this Allosaurus kinda looks like the one in JWE

From what I understand its the same colour as the one in Battle at Big Rock so that would make sense.

It has completely new moves than what was datamined/in the OP :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Holy crap, that rending takedown scares me!

2 Likes

Also, did you find it on the wild, like, in which zone?

That’s interesting as I used the JWA field guide app.

Both the Dinos move set is changed.

I think they will be everywhere.
There’s a Strike Event too.

these new stats are more scary than it’s old kit, what’s more scary is that it can cleanse

1 Like

They changed the kits from the original code. Field guide is currently being updated :smiley:

1 Like

what the…
a cleanse and 0.5x rending? :scream:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ve updated the initial post. :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to unlock this

1 Like

Cleansing strike on a chomper is different. I would not want to be on the other end of that rending takedown as a tank.

1 Like

I kinda want this and Nausto to get a hybrid.

Naustalloceratops

Health 4800
Attack 1400
Speed 115
Critical 20%
Amour 20%

Cleansing Strike
Greater Stunning Rampage
Rending attack
Defence Shattering Rampage

So far only seen this in a Epic strike tower and Allosaurus G2 decimated my team.

Even with my boosted Thor, it left it with 900 health within one hit. Still completed it though

2 Likes

The last dinosaur took out my 5-5-5 level 30 Tryostronix I started with, so Thor did the final bite.

1 Like