Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #164 - Inostrancevia

0 car

First off… why is this #164? Well, in doing the recent updates I noticed that missed #164 out entirely. This way at least the numbers remain accurate.

The genus Inostrancevia is one of if not the largest gorgonopsid to every walk the Earth.‭ ‬At up to three and a half meters long there is little doubt that Inostrancevia would have been the apex predator of its environment,‭ ‬hunting other large vertebrates which may have included large and armoured pareiasaurs such as‭ ‬Scutosaurus.‭ ‬As would be the expected the skull is large and robustly constructed with upper canine teeth that grew up to fifteen centimetres long.‭ ‬It is the combination of the teeth and skull mounted on a powerful body that may have been the key to defeating the armour of such prey.

8612E1EB-25ED-459B-8143-C4D68ECF8348

Rarity: Common.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 130.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Distraction.
Revenge Impact.
Immune to Distraction.

The first of the new 1.14 Permian creatures is the hard to pronounce Inostrancevia (In-oh-stran-see-ve-ah). At first look, she isn’t too bad for a Common rarity. Fair damage to start with with constant distraction all the way through. Revenge Impact is nice, again especially considering her rarity. I think she’ll be good for the lower Arena’s but she’ll struggle past that. But we shall see.

What are your thoughts on this stem-mammal in the game?

4 Likes

Design wise, It’s amazing. with its speed, the revenge mechanic is going to work well for it.

3 Likes

I just tried it in a friendly battle. Revenge attack is interesting. Wonder if any of the new creatures will get uniques that are higher arena worthy, be interesting to see how the revenge attacks would fit into those situations. I think it could be useful for lower arenas and I’ve already see loads spawn so it shouldn’t be too difficult to level up either

1 Like

I’m surprised Inostrancevia wasn’t used as an epic rarity. But even still, I love the design and it seems to fair very well for a common.

4 Likes

Its not very good, even for a common. Cool design though.

1 Like

it can do 3,500 attack in one hit. It does impact and then a rampage. Wait does it not. I don’t really know. I just assumed that

Love the design. Haven’t had a chance to try her out yet, though.

1 Like

Her initial Revenge move is Revenge Impact, but if it is used right after a teammate dies, the Impact is temporarily boosted to be used as a Rampage. Then for the rest of the time it is Impact.

1 Like

It uses some of the long legged and short legged crocodile animations. For the distraction attack it uses the short crocodile impact animation. And for the impact it uses the long legged crocodile bite and thrash for the impact animation.

1 Like

I really don’t think it does that well for a common.

I’m comparing it to a Deinocherus which can use a normal Rampage for 2X damage with no Delay and 1 Cooldown. Revenge Impact simply mimics this on round one.

After that it comes down to 900 more Hp for our Chocolate Lizard vs 290 higher attack and one more speed for Deino. I guess speed up vs Distraction might be a factor but if these two faced each other sadly the less chocolately one wins.

1 Like

I love the looks and the revenge effect, looks like it’s going super saiyan :laughing:
But I think It should have revenge rampage instead of impact, the way It is now makes It worse than any other common with rampage. If It could use revenge rampage just for the first turn It would be special.

4 Likes

I noticed that one of the animations when you tap on it is similar if not the same to the small crocs’ too.

Artist: Austroraptor

Rarity: Common.
Tier: Survivour.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 1100.
Speed: 130.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Distraction.
Revenge Impact.

Resistant to crit reduction (100%) and distraction (100%).

Inostrancevia has seen a small reduction in damage but her stats remain unchanged, as do her abilities. She is still not too bad for a Common rarity as she has some good damage and that revenge impact can do great. She is good for low level Arena but easily replaced. At least she now has a hybrid, Edaphocevia, which is worth DNA farming for.

Being a Common, Inostrancevia just is not good enough for Raid battles.

What are your thoughts on Inostrancevia after 2.0 and how would you use her now?

1 Like

I think she’s just bad, even for a common. It’s better than before, but her damage is just mediocre even with the revenge move. She has the damage of a tank without the bulk. Don’t think it’s really worth using.

2 Likes

Agreed. That’s why I think she, like Commons in general, are usually good for the start of a player’s JWA career. You just won’t want to use her once you get Rares and Epics under your belt.

1 Like