Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #165 - Brontolasmus

Made with DNA from: Brontotherium and Elasmotherium.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1100.
Speed: 115.
Defence: 30%
Critical chance: 5%

Long Defensive Strike.
Definite Rampage.
Rending Strike.
Decelerating Rampage.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

6 Likes

At first glance I think this looks like quite a reasonable hybrid and one that should be relatively easy to complete. Not a bad set of abilities either.

5 Likes

I used it during the campaign mode, seems pretty solid. I like the duel Rampage moveset, I also heard it can even kill some Uniques when used correctly.

4 Likes

Honestly,i really like this Hybrid.Not only because of the 2 Rampages,but also having a good armor and Rending Strike.

I already created it and i will put in my team,i just need improve a little more!

5 Likes

For an epic, its solid.

1 Like

Here we go again!

1 Like

I’m using it. It’s a winner and a good starter.

2 Likes

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: Apex Mid.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1100.
Speed: 115.
Defence: 30%
Critical chance: 5%

Long Defensive Strike.
Definite Rampage.
Rending Strike.
Decelerating Rampage.

Brontolasmus has not changed since her introduction from InGen’s labs. I said originally that I thought she was good and I think she holds up very well for an Epic rarity. Hard hitting attacks that go through shields and dodge effects. Definitely one to go after especially as her DNA donors are still easy to get a hold of.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the current game?

Solid. In the epic hybrid skill tournaments, she either kills, or comes close to it (indom gen 2 for example). The only reason why she’s probably not used as much is due to elasmotherium being used for mammolania and brontotherium being an exclusive. If I could, I would probably replace my spyx with bronto because it’s just that solid and reliable

1 Like

It’s so good if the opponent isn’t immune to decel. I can use Decelerating Rampage, then Definite Rampage to finish it off. Mine is level 17 and can does 709 regular damage and with the double rampage can do 2836 damage!

1 Like

It’s weird people are still calling it metahub lol. But this is from September so it makes sense i guess.

1 Like

Brontolasmus is actually an underestimated dino IMO, man it’s like a jack of all trades kind of, you can spam decel rampage and definite rampage back to back, and it’s also good for countering Yoshi and indoraptor gen 2…

3 Likes

I just copy paste and adjust the numbers. I’ll fix it in future updates. :+1:t2:

Dang it Colin. You jinxed Brontolasmus! Poor rhino can’t even make Yoshi sweat anymore. It was the only saving grace in those tournaments. I was even entertaining the idea of gathering Elasmotherium DNA to level her up higher.

NOPE, I GUESS NOT :upside_down_face::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Lol, jk. But seriously, all the decent creatures get screwed over every time we talk about them. And the they wonder why there isn’t any diversity in the upper arenas.

4 Likes

It does seem that way. :neutral_face:

I missed your post yesterday, but now I can say… Currently, this dino is actually pretty great! Not incredible, but useful in tournaments.

After the update: … :frowning_face:

Rip Brontolasmus 1.Something-1.14
I don’t know when it first appeared

It’s still has a rampage and a rendign ( maybe the next update it receives a DGM buff :man_shrugging:t2:

I’ll wait till the update drops and then reevaluate but I fear you may be right.

Rending moves got little buff so that is something.

1 Like