Dinosaur of the Day #169 - Indominus Rex Gen 2

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1600.
Speed: 108.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Created using DNA from Echo and Tyrannosaurus Rex Gen 2.
Can be used to create: Indoraptor Gen 2.

Definite Strike.
Mutual Fury.
Armour Piercing Rampage.
Cloak.
Immunity.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

7 Likes

Personally I think she’s an interesting change over her Gen 1 sister but after playing her in the Arena, campaign and friendly games I think I prefer the original over the Gen 2 version.

1 Like

Is it because of the lack of a second higher damaging move? Since Mutual Fury takes the place of Armor Piercing Impact, it has to rely on a high damage move, and a low damage move, no in between.

1 Like

Don’t have this one yet due to a lack of echo DNA. Really wish it took Delta DNA since I have well over 3k DNA for her but oh whale. Her colors look alright, I don’t really like them but I don’t hate them, I prefer the color of the Gen 1 more. A part of me hopes that more uniques gets gen 2 counterparts, but that’s just me I bet.

1 Like

Basically yes. The gen 1 has better basic attacks in my opinion.

3 Likes

Good to know because I was about to boost my level 12 Indom Gen 2. Now that I have confirmation, I will not boost it or put it on my team.

Indom gen1 and gen2 have the same DMG stats (I know it’s a few months you post this and maybe you know this but I don’t care lol)

1 Like

Indom gen 1 have a 20% critical rate this one Gen 2 only has 5% but then Gen 2 can by pass shields and Gen one can’t.

1 Like

If everything is in it’s favour, Indom G² is the highest damage dealing Dino in the game.

2 Likes

tigerminus and tigeraptor

1 Like

Yeah, I liked that I could destroy dinos with cloaked impact and still have rampage left to beat another dino.

4 Likes

Well,I personally run both in my Team. The Original and The Gen 2,the gen 2 Version is pretty good and stuff but then,Cloak+API was pretty good letting you save the Rampage for later,now,you have to go for your best hit straight away most of the time,if you do not want to go for your best hit,Mutual Fury + Cloak + Definite Strike will do ,but you waste multiple turns and risk a lot of health in the process.

1 Like

don’t forget tigerchicken

What creature is that?

erlidominus

1 Like

well. if there ever is erlidominus gen 2

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Epic.
Tier: Tyrant Low.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1600.
Speed: 108.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Definite Strike.
Mutual Fury.
Armour Piercing Rampage.
Cloak.
Immunity.

Indominus Rex Gen 2 has remained the same since she appeared in the game. She operates much like her Legendary sibling in that she is all about the cloak and hitting very hard. She differs due to mutual fury (not sure why she has this though) and definite strike as the default attack. I feel she shouldn’t have that a a default as anti-cloak is far too prevalent in the game at the moment. I think that should replace mutual fury and instead she should have an anti-armour strike as the default. But that is just my opinion.

She is a good hybrid but I don’t see her all that often in the Arena. I see her sister a lot but unless G2 is being played at a much higher Arena level than I ever got, it doesn’t appear she sees a lot of love. I imagine though, that most are keeping her DNA in order to create Indoraptor Gen 2 and for obvious reasons.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the current game?

1 Like

I’ve seen some Indom Gen 2s that absolutely destroy teams. If people ignore Indo Gen 2, then they can take Indom up and really show off how strong it can be.

2 Likes

Both are in my team,my Indom G2 takes on Sarcorixis amazingly well,

Mutual Fury gives it the speed boost and then Armor Piercing Rampage finishes.

Cloaked Definite Strikes beats Indominus(Edit,The Original) Pretty easy.
Mutual Fury helps it so much,however it does not have a trait that Indominus Rex does,that is having a Impact move,a Impact move really helps out Indominus Rex in many situations where Indominus Rex Gen 2 cannot do anything . Cloaked Rampages are something more of the Indominus Rex style than the Gen 2 way.

2 Likes

I go for Mutual fury only when I am slower than the opponent.