Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #17 - Brachiosaurus

Brachiosaurus-1

The Brachiosaurus is a dinosaur which lived about 156 million years ago during the Jurassic Period. They were massive animals that stood about 23 feet high, were 85 feet long and weighed between 30 through 80 tons. The first remains of this dinosaur were discovered in 1903 by Elmer S. Riggs in Western Colorado.

Brachiosaurus is known for its long neck—which made it look very much like a giraffe—and its short hindlegs. The front legs of this dinosaur is so much larger than the hind legs, it caused Mr. Riggs to name it Brachiosaurus—a name which means “arm lizard”.

It is believed that these massive animals were warm blooded and not cold blooded like most reptiles. Scientists have been able to determine this by examining the teeth of these animals and calculating body temperature of the dinosaur by measuring the ratios of certain isotopes.

These dinosaurs are known to have been herbivores. It is believed that they subsisted mainly on conifers, ginkgos and cycads.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: Apex.
Health: 5700.
Damage: 1050.
Speed: 111.
Defence: 10%
Critical chance: 30%

Bellow.
Rampage.
Superiority Strike.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

4 Likes

As I have said before I personally am not a fan of Sauropods in the game but Brachiosaurus is the one (presently) that do like once you can get it leveled up to a decent point. Faster than other sauropods and with the ability to deal a hefty amount of damage, Brachiosaurus gets a thumbs up from me.

I’m not so sure that Metahub pinning it as an Apex tier is quite right though. I don’t see it as that good. Your thoughts?

1 Like

I actually enjoy using her on rare/common strike towers from time-to-time. If it wasn’t for my lack of coin and lack of DNA I would level her up to my minimum team level (which is 16) and use her, but for now she stays at level 12. I really hope her or Gigaspikeasaur gets a unique or heck both of them should, imagine a Branchiosaurus with massive spikes on it lol. My little brother doesn’t have her yet so I can’t really say if he’d like using her or not but hey he’s using Nodopatosaurus and likes her so he might like Branchiosaurus.

1 Like

The reason why Metahub put Brachiosaurus is the 30% critical. It also has a higher damage output compared to other Sauropods. It even has the third highest health in the game as well as excellent speed for a Sauropod. Put all the pieces together and you have a high quality Apex dinosaur.

1 Like

Gigaspikasaur can’t get a unique because it’s already a superhybrid.

I’ve used it in friendly battles, with minimal success. I accidentally leveld mine up to 16, meant to leave it at 15 for when it gets a hybrid. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Braciosaurus is one of my favorite sauropod Dino’s. He doesn’t have alot of variation on skills but they work very well together.

His regular attack is always funny to me it looks like when I slap my friends on the back of the head for being dumb.

I don’t personally go by other people’s apex carcass etc… But for me he is top tier. Only reason I don’t use him on team is he is hard to level up as he is scarce where I live.

1 Like

SHE! IS! A BEAUTIFUL BABY!!! And deserves so much better.

1 Like

I don’t either. There are a fair few I think Metahub have wrong. Their way of comparing them doesn’t always match their use in game.

2 Likes

Why did they had to do something bad to this cute, majestic creature in JW:FK

2 Likes

My favourite dinosaur but i can find enough DNA to level it up still Level 18 :confused:

2 Likes

When it first appeared it was a real nightmare to get and even harder to dart. I don’t know why they made it as difficult to get as they did.

For me its still hard the only DNA I got were either from events or Incubators, never saw one in the wild.

1 Like

The 1.7 update saw brachiosaurus damage reduced from 1050 to 950.

I really didn’t like that nerf. It wasn’t like she was doing crazy amounts of damage or anything. If they were going to reduce her offensive potential they could’ve just dialed back the crit chance.

1 Like

A 100 point drop seems a tad excessive but they might be considering the stat boosting for the higher level version.

I Use It On My Primary Account, But It Is Recently Difficult To Evolve, Starting To Stand Back!

1 Like