Dinosaur of the Day #170 - Indoraptor Gen 2

Rarity: Legendary.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 1500.
Speed: 128.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 20%

Created using DNA from Blue and Indominus Rex Gen 2.

Cautious Strike.
Mutual Fury.
Definite Rampage.
Evasive Stance.
Immune to Distraction.
Immune to Stuns.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

3 Likes

Comparing Indoraptor and Indoraptor G2, I think despite Mutual Fury (which I’m not a big fan of), this Gen 2 version is better than the original.

1 Like

This color scheme makes it look cute for some reason.

2 Likes

Love her. Got her to 21 so far, but I’m fresh outta Blue.

She’s a great dino, but Mutual Fury is almost entirely useless right now since it’s only working for 1 turn instead of 2. She still requires a lot of luck overall, and even a Tryko can take her down with a bit of luck.

I know a lot of people are already crying “nerf”, but I really mean it when I say that she loses just as often as any other dino in my team. Quite often she wins due to player error (trying to cloak on the same turn that she can use her rampage, for instance).

I try not to send her out first though in case someone strolls in with their sonic-speed Erlidom.

2 Likes

I just unlocked Alita GEN 2

1 Like

Well done!!! I’m still a little short of her myself.

My favourite Dino atm

On the other hand…

Anyone want to play spot the difference?

2 Likes

Not bad in my head

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Metahub Tier: Tyrant Low.
Damage: 1400.

Cautious Strike.
Mutual Fury.
Defence Shattering Rampage.
Evasive Strike.
Immune to Distraction.
Immune to Stuns.

Indoraptor Gen 2 has seen a small drop in damage since the time he appeared in game but otherwise remains, sadly, the same. What do I mean by that? As much as I am mister positive, I have to agree with the majority who see Cautious Strike as an overpowered ability that makes Indoraptor Gen 2far too good. That one ability needs a severe nerf for game balance. I also don’t see the point to it having Mutual Fury since you won’t use it unless you are slower and if you are slower, you’ve done some wrong here. Like Thoradolosaur was at one time, Indoraptor Gen 2 is all over the Arena so you can tell just how badly balanced it is when everyone uses it.

Outside of that Indoraptor Gen 2 is very good, although on a personal level, I prefer the original version (same as with Indominus Gen 2). It’s a taste thing I guess.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the current game?

When they took cleanse out from cs it really helped making easier to fight against it, but it still needs little bit adjustment. Other than there is nothing wrong about the creature only the ability it possess.

1 Like

That did help but in my mind it remains too many abilities crammed into one attack mode.

2 Likes

Yeah, the other problem is that especially with the Blue tournament, it’s components are being given away like candy. Add in some boosts and we have OP creatures running around everywhere and making the arenas as boring as ever.

I think she needs an overall rework. with only two damaging abilities she’s stuck in a loop of CS until DSR can kill off the opponent. MF is a great move, but mostly lost on indo g2 because there is almost no incentive to use it/ is too risky of a move. He abilities aren’t cohesive. They are more like the best individual moves put on one dino.

1 Like

That is a real problem which coupled with the number of abilities tied to cautious strike which makes so awkward. Mutual Fury is pointless here because you should always be faster than anything you face. Yeah, he needs a reworking.

They are the same but mutual fury doesn’t allow you to dodge anything. Haha

Whenever I get thagomized or anything that slows for multiple turns I use mutual fury which cleanses the slow then increases the dsr by a lot, which means you pretty much get the kill because you previously used at least 1 CS before you got slowed…if I don’t have a cloak up, I first use cloak followed by mutual fury…I find it useful in some situations like described.

2 Likes

A great dino to have, but it’s one of those “love it on my side, hate it on my opponent”. A lot of people still squirm when they see it, and I’ve won a few matches based solely on my opponents constantly swapping critters around (when they could have won if they had just let one of them fall).

I’ll admit, I do love sending her out against those DC users after it’s claimed my first dino. If timed correctly, it’s: Evasive Stance, Regeneration, Mutual Fury, swap to a weakened dino.
You’re guaranteed to knock out at least one dino and perform a hefty hit on another. And if they try to send DC back in, that’s going down as well, hopefully with minimal damage done.

1 Like

Artist: Jama Jurabaev

Metahub Tier: Tyrant Low.
Damage: 1400.

Cautious Strike.
Mutual Fury.
Distracting Impact.
Evasive Stance.

Resistant to crit reduction (75%), distraction (75%) and stun (75%)

The Indoraptor Gen 2 has seen no changes to his stats but his abilities have seen a small change. He has lost defence shattering rampage in favour of a distracting impact. Cautious is no different to the other similar abilities we now have but losing that rampage in favour of a high damage distracting impact feels like a step backwards to me. For a creature as fast as he is, mutual fury seems like a waste of an ability and I’d prefer an actual attack ability in it’s place.

The 2.0 update seems to have balanced Indoraptor Gen 2 out a fair bit compared to how he was before this update, I still prefer Indoraptor itself over this gen 2 version. I find the abilities to be better than the odd mix we have on this creature.

I can’t honestly say how Indoraptor Gen 2 would fair in Raids as one hand he has good stats and decent damage but I find the abilities to be not all that. What do you think?

How do you find Indoraptor Gen 2 after 2.0 and how would you use him now?

New MVP, the only creature I ever use in raids

Incredible before, but absolutely deserved the nerf. Was it too hard though? I think it was.

Still a good dino to use, and I’ve heard he performs well in raids. I see them every now and then in the arena, but without a shield shattering move, he tends to fall to Quetzorion, sometimes after damaging her, at other times without leaving a scratch.

1 Like