Dinosaur of the Day #172 - Phorusaura

Rarity: Legendary.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 1500.
Speed: 130.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Created using DNA from: Maiasaura and Phorusrhacos.

Superiority Strike.
Instant Rampage.
Rampage and Run.
Sidestep.
Swap in Stun.
Immune to Swap Prevention.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

7 Likes

Don’t have it yet, but it looks strong. I guess 130+ will be the new top speed tier

1 Like

I haven’t worked on leveling yet and on paper this one looks like it could be a contender. Two rampage moves seem to get my attention every time! One of my alliance members mentioned that once you rampage you’re basically a sitting duck do to being locked and unable to rampage and run.

1 Like

It’s immune to swap prevention other than its own when it swaps in. If you bet on side step, that can be cleansed.

3 Likes

I faced several of these in the Arena today around the 20th level, and they did okay but I crushed them quite easily.

I am saving up for him because of his amazing stats. He will be my 8th legenday on my team. Sarcorixis, beware!

1 Like

I don’t have this one yet but i do like his design.

1 Like

I’m very excited for it to get Unique, boy it’ll be a beast! I like Phorasaura but I will not invest in except getting it to 20, it’s kit is good and it’s stats are really good. I don’t like the design though…

1 Like

Awesome. OP.

1 Like

I definitely reccomend this creature to all. Its instant rampage, rampage and run along with sidestep can do some serious damage. Swap in stun, instant rampage and kill a creature. Use sidestep to cleanse then run away.

1 Like

I love this guy. Super funny to use in friendly batles as right now it’s only level 19, but I will keep working to use him in the arena

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Metahub Tier: Tyrant Low.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 1400.

Superiority Strike.
Instant Rampage.
Rampage and Run.
Sidestep.
swap in Stun.
Immune to Swap Prevention.

Phorusaura has seen a drop in damage since her first appearance. Otherwise she remains the same. She is a very good hybrid - one that can put out a lot of damage and fast enough to ensure she is going to get that hit in. I do recommend this one if you can get her - Maiasaura being.quite tough to get your hands on.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the current game?

1 Like

I have mine leveled to 22. I use Phorusaura as a strike tower dinosaur primarily. I like the moves, but for me it can be a bit tricky on when to sacrifice a bit of HP to combo the instant rampage with rampage and run to get the most damage and when I should use sidestep and then rampage and run. The latter is harder to figure out because you have to be very sure about what you want to back her up with to give yourself the best chances at winning. She can be great when you need something fast and to score a final takedown as long a creature doesn’t have armor. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Tier: TBA.
Health: 3600.
Damage: 1500.

Cunning Strike.
Instant Rampage.
Rampage and Run.
Sidestep.
Swap-in Stun.

Resistant to stun (75%) and swap prevention (100%).

Phorusaura has lost some health in in exchange for higher damage. She is now a cunning creature but otherwise remains unchanged. Phorusaura is a strong creature for the Arena and once boosts are added perhaps a little too strong. She is a Legendary rarity but she puts out far too much damage too quickly instant rampage followed by rampage & run, swap in stun… ad nauseum. I’m not saying she needs a nerf but she does need a slight tone down.

I can see Phorusaura being good against the right Raid boss but due to the confining nature of Raid battles, she won’t be as good as she is in the Arena and might need team support to say alive.

What are your thoughts on Phorusaura after recent updates and how would you use her now?

The improved raptor

1 Like

Busted in tourneys, but otherwise it’s a nice revenge killer

1 Like

Agreed but does anyone else feel she is overpowered or is it just me?

1 Like

She is definitely overpowered now. If the rampage wasn’t instant, she might be balanced. But considering she can literally do 10,000 damage in just 2 moves when fully boosted? Nightmare to deal with.

I’m seeing loads of these in the arena, and even an unboosted one can cause serious damage. The fact that you can’t keep her in thanks to swap immunity, and that she can enter a battle potentially without taking damage with a swap in stun… I don’t know, I expect this from a superhybrid unique, not a legendary.

1 Like

This is the problem and as you say, she is everywhere in the Arena right now. Instant rampage needs to lose the instant bit and she’ll be much better balanced. It’s the super fast high damage, dodge, run and repeat.

2 Likes

Forces you to have more Resilient dinos in your team to be able to take her down. That’s why I still keep Maxima in my team. It can take the instant while taking her out with GDR or GDR and RS. With it, Tryko, Gtitan and Smilo, half of my team can handle Phorus.I only get into trouble if none of them are in my team.

1 Like