Critical chance: 5%

Created using DNA from: Carbonemys and Smilocephalosaurus

Long Defensive Strike.
Deliberate Prowl.
Precise Pounce.
Impact and Run.
Swap in Stun.
Immune to Stuns.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

7 Likes

They made it look even uglier. Other than that, I can’t really ad much. Haven’t faced one yet, arena or campaign.

1 Like

I’ve faced a couple in the Jurassic Ruins but they didn’t great against me, even though I’m playing a sub-par team lately.

Stats look really amazing. I’m sure we’re gonna see lots of these, boosted to the max, quite soon. Everyone will be farming parks, and I’m gonna do the same soon! Hope scents work soon in parks…
What’s the best counter? Tryko maybe?

2 Likes

Agreed. Once they get a few levels under them and boosted to high heck, these will be more common.

Information is wrong.

3.9k health, 1.2k attack.

According to the JWA Field Guide, the stats I gave are correct.

It got nerfed shortly after the update. The field guide needs to be updated.

2 Likes

Aha! I thought they had updated after the correction. I’ll sort it now.

It was good, until they nerfed it. I think the health nerf was all it needed, the damage one was a little much.

1 Like

I actualy like the looks of it, I think I may like ugly things. I think they went too hard on this nerf, no one even had the opportunity to create it yet, much less complain about it. Either damage or health should had remained untouched. Imo, current hp is fine, but damage should have remained 1500.

2 Likes

@MattEllis Idk if you know but Smilonemys got an hp and attack nerf. The field guide will need a small update.

1 Like

Hey @Qiew! I already have this teed-up for the next update. Thanks for the heads-up!

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Unique.
Metahub Tier: Tyrant Low.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 1100.
Speed: 127.
Defence: 50%
Critical chance: 5%

Shielded Decelerating Strike.
Deliberate Prowl.
Precise Pounce.
Rampage and Run.
Swap in Stun.
Immune to Stun.
Immune to Deceleration.

Smilonemys has had a small reduction in damage and a change to one attack ability. She is a good hybrid but in my opinion, maybe not Tyrant Low in tier unless boosted. I don’t find her quite that good.I do see a lot of Smilonemys in the Arena though so I could be wrong there. She can put out a lot of damage, and coupled with an immunity to stun and slow, you can see why she is popular.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the current game?

she’s pretty good honestly. on the low end of low tyrant with her damage nerf, but i believe she still makes it. perfect for those high damage speedsters like erlidom. her kit still allows her to do decent damage and get out if necessary into a full health creature next in line.

1 Like

Not the beast she once was. Way too many counters; considering dropping her. I will forever cite her has a classic example of the general community having no idea what its talking about in terms of balance, when some were shouting about her being overpowered despite never actually playing with her. May she forever be a spitting reminder of ignorance and misunderstanding.

1 Like