Dinosaur of the Day #174 - Thylacotator

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 117.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 40%

Created using DNA from: Marsupial Lion and Suchotator.

Superiority Strike.
Deliberate Prowl.
Rending Takedown.
Lethal Wound.
Swap in Distraction.
Immune to Stuns.

So, thoughts on this hybrid? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

6 Likes

No one has any thoughts on this one? :frowning:

Used right it’s pretty awesome. That rending takedown is pretty great. L27 and boosted for me. Rotates on and off the team.

2 Likes

I’ve faced one so far and that was in Jurassic Ruins. It wasn’t much of a threat but that could have just been the player trying it out.

Got mine to 24 boosted she does pretty well in lockwood library I’m aiming for her to be my first level 30 epic.

1 Like

I use it too, when the right situation comes, Thyla destroys high HP creatures. I also like the picture you have, looks very cool.

1 Like

lv 14. i don’t get to go out much during the week so marsupial lion is my limiter. in the recent tournament tho, she did pretty well for me.

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Epic.
Metahub Tier: Apex Mid.
Health: 4050.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 117.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 40%

Superiority Strike.
Deliberate Prowl.
Rending Takedown.
Lethal Wound.
Swap in Distraction.
Immune to Stuns.

Thylacotator has seen a drop in health since her first appearance but otherwise has remained the same. I like her. I think she has a nice move set but at the same time feels little underwhelming. Maybe boosted she gets better but as she stands I find her too easy to take down. Maybe she is better as a support creature rather than a full on attacker.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the current game?

1 Like

Typically better as a support creature to take the brunt of a powerful attack. but can also be used in a variety of situations. She was a great utility dino when her health was 4500. With less bulk she can’t do what she once did but she gets pretty close.

2 Likes

I dropped it for dioraj…so ya it’s not the best anymore

1 Like

I’ll admit, I’m not as fond of Thyla as most people are. She’s good in certain situations, but I found her difficult to use effectively.

1 Like

She has earned a stay in my team since she first came out. Not one I would send out to confront a full health opponent but one to finish off injured opponents. Used this way has won me many battles.

I know what you mean there. I have one but as I don’t use hybrids, I’ve never bothered using her. Whenever I have faced her in the Arena, more times than not, my regular prehistorics have dealt with her like tissue paper. I think she’s nice but could be so much better.

2 Likes

Thyla is a great example of how a creature ‘used’ to be good until Ludia ruined her.

Perhaps they think by taking over 10% of her health away people would load up with health boosts on her?

She can be useful to swap in when Thor is about to unleash an attack. With luck you can absorb that and LW it forcing it out or even killing it off.

2 Likes

the beautiful, amazing, powerful fish-marsupial lion hybrid

1 Like