Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #175 - Bajadasaurus

Bajadasaurus (“downhill lizard”) is a genus of sauropod from the Early Cretaceous Bajada Colorada Formation of Argentina. Bajadasaurus is distinct due to the extremely long neural spines, similar to those of its close relative Amargasaurus, that extend from its neck vertebrae. These spines curved forward over the animal’s neck, resulting in the dinosaur’s species name, pronuspinax, meaning “forward curving spine.”

The only known specimen was discovered in 2010. The specimen, of which only some teeth were initially exposed, was found by Argentinian palaeontologist Pablo Gallina. As fossils in this area are often fragile, the specimen was not excavated bone-by-bone in the field but extracted as a single large block of rock and bone wrapped in plaster. Preparation of the block in the laboratory then revealed most of the skull as well as the first two and probably the fifth neck vertebrae of a new genus of dinosaur.

Rarity: Rare.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 4800.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 110.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

DNA can be used to create Bajatonodon.

Superiority Vulnerability.
Bellow.
Devastation.
Swap in Heal.
Immune to Damage Over Time.

So, thoughts on this dinosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

6 Likes

First off, bonus points to Ludia for finding a dinosaur that even I had not heard of before. I had to investigate this one when it was first announced. :+1:

I really love this dinosaur. Bajadasaurus is quite frankly awesome for a Rare class dinosaur and a sauropod to boot - which I normally consider to be speed bumps. Although naturally on the slow side, she has the ability to deal a heck of a lot of damage, heal when swapping in, and can’t be bled to death. She is still a speed bump but well worth having in my opinion.

I have yet to see one in the wild - she spawns in parks only at the moment - but I have recently completed her thanks to my Alliance members.

What are your thoughts on this new sauropod addition toe JWA?

3 Likes

I must say this dinosaur is very unique with its vertebrae spines. Makes me wonder if they were ever used in actual combat, outside of a game of course

1 Like

Probably not. I would imagine they were used as a deterrent. Make it look bigger than it was.

I know I read up on something that it would purposely rub against trees and the branches would fall in the spikes so that other herbivores could eat from it.

1 Like

That’s interesting speculation. I’ve not heard of that before.

1 Like

Anyone else have any thoughts on this new dinosaur? :sauropod:

Unfortunately, I’d have to be able to dart one first :dart:

Ikr, when it was announced I was surprised, I’d never heard of it before. I think its a cool saurapod, I’m very glad it was added. I think it’s hybrid looks good to.

1 Like

Have it unlocked, but getting together the dna to actually get it at arena level is taking forever. Want to use this sauropod so badly

Did we decide on her nickname yet? I for one am in favor of Baja Blast

1 Like

That’s in the description of its hybrid, Bajatonodon.

1 Like

@John if it wasn’t for one of my Alliance members I wouldn’t have her either. These new 1.11 creatures are just too elusive.

1 Like

I totally agree they are hard to find and FIPing them in sanctuaries because of alliance members contributions makes it a test of patience.

2 Likes

Same with Mammoth and Rhino. It’s taking forever.

2 Likes

I unlocked it thanks to some DNA from an Incubator but it will take forever to level her up.

1 Like

Well, Ludia decided that I should get about 300 Bajadasaurus DNA in the Holiday Chase yesterday, so it’s unlocked - but just like Jade_Fenech said it’ll be a while before she can get leveled…

2 Likes

Wanna hear a close relative: Dicraeosaurus

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Rare.
Metahub Tier: Alpha Low.
Health: 4560.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 110.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Superior Vulnerability.
Bellow.
Devastation.
Swap in Heal.
Immune to Damage over Time.

Since her first appearance Bajadasaurus has seen a drop in Health but otherwise remains the same. Where I first thought she was awesome, that has dropped to being fairly average. She is an okay dinosaur with some nice abilities but there isn’t enough defensive and chompers will just bring her down. She probably works well in the lower Arenas but is one creature that will be replaced and just farmed for her hybrid Bajatonodon.

What are your thoughts on this dinosaur in the current game?

1 Like

The nerf to Superior Vulnerability probably hits it hard, same with its hybrid. They’re both pretty bad imo, I think they should ditch Devastation and go for smaller multipliers with no Delay. They don’t have the armour and recovery to pull it off.

1 Like

Exactly. That’s exactly what she needs.