Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #18 - Carnotaurus

I have also heard that Carnotaurus would charge its prey with its mouth open so that it would use its wide jaws to take huge chunks out of its prey.

1 Like

Early on it is a possible option but once you get better, she is easy to ditch. I think, anyway.

I think she’s fun to use. I’ve rarely taken her off my team for the lesser tournaments and I am almost always in top 250. She can cleanse too, which comes in handy.

Its a force to be messed with if used correctly.

2 Likes

A shame shes no good since shes my favorite carnivore the design is awesome.

2 Likes

Carno its by far my favourite dino and im hopping for a carno gen2 epic to come one day and get a hybrid right after but not a carno head with croc/bird/chicken body i want a carno hybrid that looks exactly like it he is gorgeous

1 Like

Artist: Roberto Akeiron

Rarity: Rare.
Metahub Tier: Alpha Low.
Health: 3900.
Damage: 900.
Speed: 104.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Vulnerability Strike.
Taunting Shields.
Cleansing Impact.
Greater Rending Counter.

Following the 2.0 update Carnotaurus has sadly not changed much at all. Her damage has gone back 900 when really she should be 1000 I think at least. Carnotaurus’ abilities haven’t changed either. They still do the same thing as before. She still needs a bit of a boost to make her playable. Certain tournaments I think she does well but she’s not really Arena material.

At the moment Carnotaurus is not really a Raid option. Damage isn’t high enough and her abilities aren’t quite good enough because of it.

What are your thoughts on Carnotaurus following the 2,0 update and how would you use her now?

Rarity: Rare.
Tier: Alpha - Low.
Health: 3600.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 104.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Vulnerability Strike.
Taunting Shields.
Cleansing Impact.
Greater Rending Counter.

Since I last updated this entry Carnotaurus has received a small swap around. Her health has dropped a fair bit but her damage has gone back up to where it should be. Her stats and abilities have otherwise remained unchanged. With her damage back up to 1000, Carnotaurus suddenly becomes a viable creature again. Not massively but worth playing, especially in certain tournaments. I have used her since the change took place and I’m pleased with the change. She still isn’t a Raid option as she doesn’t have the abilities or stats to be worthwhile.

What are your thoughts on Carnotaurus after the recent update?

1 Like

First Fossilized Skin Of A Carnivorous Dino Reveals Carnotaurus Had Scaly Skin With No Feathers | IFLScience Interesting news

3 Likes

I’ve read quite a bit in the last few months that suggests the larger theropods got the less likely they had feathers. Early Tyrannosaurids, for instance, show signs of feathers but the further up the family line they go, there is less and less evidence.

2 Likes

not much good in battles from my experience, but it does have good hybrids, like Scorpios rex gen2 or the new Indotaurus

2 Likes

Carnotaurus lacks a shieldbreaker attack, which I think every big theropod should have. Without that, she lacks any direct punch.

1 Like

Taunting Shield not Short Defense
Greater Rending Counter Attack not Defense Shattering Counter.

Five posts up is the current stat block. That was from two years ago,