Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #180 - Bajatonodon

Untitled

Created using DNA from: Bajadasaurus and Edmonotoguanodon.

Rarity: Legendary.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 5490.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 111.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Superior Vulnerability.
Bellow.
Devastation.
Regenerate and Run.
Swap in Heal.
Immune to Damage Over Time.

Oh boy, I think that one is going to be a nuisance. It has the health to survive for a good while and then with Devastation couple with Superior Vulnerability it can put out a heck of a lot of damage. You can’t bleed it out and it has enough survival healing to keep going for a while.

Thoughts on this new hybrid?

3 Likes

I want to give an opinion but I’m still on the way grinding it with sanctuary.

Anyone has already used it in battles?

2 Likes

With it being hard to get, I think it might be a while before we set it in the Arena.

My nearest park hasn’t spawned any Baja lately. So I’m stuck with not getting it for awhile. Hope they do an event with Baja soon.

1 Like

I’m about one more day into unlocking 180/200 and normally see 2 or 3 on way to/from work. Really like the look of the moveset.

1 Like

I really wan’t to play it as a HUGE fan of edmontoguanodon
I feel he have the same spirit but a different gameplay!

Eddy have swap in stun
Baja is 4 points faster
Eddy have +100dmg
Baja have +200HP
Eddy have a rampage stun
Baja have a deady combo of superior vulnerability and devastation
Eddy have nullifying impact to deal with selfs buff ,increase damage,shields and evasive stance…

So both serves differents roles but i think this one is interesting and could really fit in a swap in meta

2 Likes

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed

Metahub Tier: Apex Low.
Health: 5400.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 111.

Superior Vulnerability.
Bellow.
Devastation.
Regenerate and Run.
Swap in Heal.
Immune to Damage Over Time.

Bajatonodon has seen a tiny drop in health but otherwise remains the same. Having faced a few of these in the last couple months in the Arena, my original point of view remains. She is a real nuisance and capable of putting out a good deal of damage. She remains one tough cookie.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the current game?

Personally, I don’t like its kit. Like Bajadasaurus, I think it needs to ditch Devastation, in this case for the more versatile and accessible multipliers Edmontoguanodon has. Otherwise it really isn’t going to be viable where I’m at in the arena.

2 Likes

Much less annoying than Eddie for sure

1 Like

If it had armor, that sv devastation combo could be nice

1 Like

This dino is just bad… Edmonto is good as an epic and is far better. Edmoto can be used to have a 2 hit combo, where as this struggles.

1 Like

Edmontoguanodon is a very different animal though. It’s something I would say is Stun based where Bajatonodon is more an odd damage dealer.

I never used her in a tournament, but trying to hold out until the usage of Devastation isn’t gonna work unless she was the hadrosaur version of Carbonemys. That means armor. Which she doesn’t have.

I suggest that she get rid of Devastation and replace it for either Stunning Rampage or Nullifying Rampage/Impact. That way, she’ll have a little bit of everyone’s moveset. She’d be an even bigger nuisance if she could switch back and forth between Nullifying and slowing you down and making you vulnerable. And then Bellow would just help set up the opponent for the next dino in your team when Bajaton is about to die. Or just Regen to start the cycle over again. With the Nullifying moveset, she might be able to counter Yoshi thanks to the high health.

3 Likes

download

Metahub Tier: Apex Low.
Health: 4500.
Damage: 1500.
Speed: 106.

Resilient Strike.
Lesser Group Heal.
Group Invincibility.
Greater Emergency Heal.

Resistant to damage over time (50%), stun (100%), and vulnerable (100%).

Bajatonodon has seen a large overhaul following the 2.0 update. Her health has seen a huge drop and her damage has seen an increase. Her abilities however, have changed a lot. If you were to ask me, she now no longer has a real role in the Arena, though she might hold her own in the right battle, but has instead become the perfect healer for Raid battles. I may be wrong but I would expect to she Bajatonodon appear more often in teams.

What are your thoughts on Bajatonodon since the 2.0 update and what are her uses in the game now?

Great for raids, but without GA it doesn’t have tuos versatility

1 Like

Best legendary raid healer!

1 Like

It was better last time

no… (10)

Interesting. In what way do you think she was better? When she wasn’t a primarily Raid themed creature?

Em maybe the devastation

You can just do spv then bellow than spv than dev than regenerate and run the end

1 Like