Ludia Forums

Dinosaur of the Day #183 - Monolorhino

Untitled

Created using DNA from Monolometrodon and Woolly Rhinoceros.

Rarity: Unique.
Metahub Tier: TBA.
Health: 3990.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 116.
Defence: 15%
Critical chance: 5%

Distraction.
Lethal Wound.
Distracting Impact.
Definite Impact.
Immunity.

For a Unique I am a little disappointed. Monolorhino has some nice abilities but the damage is too low, especially as these default stats are level 26. I’d expect damage to be about 1200. Maybe I’m reading it wrong. I’m sure someone can correct me. :slight_smile:

As said, has some nice abilities but once again, did we need another animal that ignores Dodge?

What are your thoughts on this new cenozoic hybrid?

Also, if anyone has a better picture of her, could I use it? Thanks.

13 Likes

She’s a disappointment and nothing more unfortunately. She had so much potential. Really sad to see such a cool looking hybrid to be absolute garbage :worried:.

9 Likes

Going to be a very long time before I get anywhere near even if it becomes a daily reward and on events. Shame these Dino’s are so locked up

7 Likes

This was by far the worst thing in patch 1.11 to me.
I’m always so exited about the one or two new uniques we get from patch to patch. But this thing oh man this sad sad rhino is a pure let down.

Not only do we need an incubator exclusiv rhino for it (200 per fuse), na it is just bad. And with bad i mean horrible bad.

If read the patch notes and was thinking to myself:" intresting and good moveset. Could be THE anti evasive tank be we need". But then BOOOOM stats even worse then monolometrodons.

This thing needs and should get a big stat buff.
Something around 4300hp and 1200 atk at least.
Remember no rampage so atk could be higher.

So sad an exclusive unique is that bad.

Monolorhino is just a bad Mammotherium and thats sad.

11 Likes

I feel said it was going to to be a more balanced maxima with null strike and then ludia was like nah let’s make complete garbage even though it has one of the coolest designs and versatile kits in the game like why doesn’t it have a rampage it rhino parents has its not a stretch just give it 4,500 heath and say 1,100-1,200 attack and it’s fixed but nope we got another Stygidaryx

7 Likes

The thing is monolorhino I think was supposed to be the joker to mammotherium able to distract, remove its shield and ferociousness, with good health to take some hit and immunity but I think someone at jw hq said hey this is toooo good for its components🤪 we got to make it worse ( even though you know rat, pro rat, maxima and Gemini existed). Like that would have been cool one being a pure chomper. The other a Swiss army creature able to take on anything that is thrown at it without being op

Really needs some buffs. Doesn’t have to be Ardentis level of buff :laughing: but something needs to be done or it will be pretty lackluster, even more than release Ardentis.
I would go with 1200 damage, 4500 hp and definite rampage instead of impact. If It is to remain with the definite impact than it must have better stats than what i gave here

1 Like

Give this thing a rampage or 2

5 Likes

I think one is enough plus giving it definite would be op considering it’s cousin can speed up, slow others, and increase its attack but still has definite so why not rhino?

1 Like

Also give us back null strike pls :sweat_smile:

When Gemini and Maxima came out they were bad too. So many people didn’t bother with them and then…

4 Likes

You’re right, and I expect it’ll be buffed likewise, although probably not to the same extent.

Done right Monolorhino could be the tank’s answer to Magna, a slower, bulkier Swiss-army knife dino that can hold its own against chompers and status-appliers of different speeds, as well as other tanks and counter-attackers.

It would be nice if it had speed control too, and it’d be fitting. Ludia didn’t give Maxima a Precise Decelerating move, but I feel Monolorhino could greatly benefit from it. It might even be able to hold its own against the Indoraptors.
Also it would be great if it retained a Nullifying move, instead of say, Distraction.

1 Like

Personally I think there are too many creatures in the game with nullify and ways around specific boosts. It doesn’t need another one. It already has definite to deal with that problem.

I guess so. Personally I’d love to try it out even in its current state, an Immune Bleeder that isn’t a Swooper is a realy cool concept.

1 Like

I think what be cool of it had nullifying distraction as a move. You know a unique having a unique move

2 Likes

Like I say,

If Magna, Gemini, Vexus, Grypo And Maxima Can, Rhino Can Too!

2 Likes

My Rework Of This Thing. It’s worse then stygidaryx.

Increase Too 4500 Health
Increase Too 1200 Attack
Definite Impact -> Definite Rampage

1 Like

Fun Fact: Monolorhino is actually an omnivore

1 Like

Land flavored styfidaryx

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since the Dinosaur of the Day discussions started and I thought it might be nice to slowly revisit them and see how things have changed.

Rarity: Unique.
Metahub Tier: Apex Low.
Health: 3750.
Damage: 1000.
Speed: 116.
Defence: 15%
Critical chance: 5%

Distraction.
Lethal Wound.
Distracting Impact.
Definite Impact.
Immunity.

Since launch Monolorhino has seen a small reduction in health but otherwise remained unchanged. Not sure that a health drop was necessary so i wonder what the reasoning was. She’s nice but still a bit of a disappointment for a Unique. Damage still isn’t high enough in my opinion. She has nice abilities but needs the damage to be viable.

What are your thoughts on this hybrid in the current game?

3 Likes